Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello Welcome to Raceski.....Denver Broncos 3 time champions of the world.....Miami Hurricanes Alumni reunion not what was expected.....Tim Tebow we still miss you...
Welcome to Raceski. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Random MMA news
Topic Started: Jul 29 2009, 07:58 AM (4,938 Views)
Nate
Member Avatar
Wishes he could be like David
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
McLarenCrazy
Dec 6 2009, 11:06 AM
all he kept sayin was he's the fat guy sure he tired of hearin it but come on

then he threw a cheap shot a kimbo, brock lesnar will beat this guy senseless unless he can lay on brock and I think brock is strong enough to get him off
brock cold bench press his fat ass with one arm lol
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
McLarenCrazy
Member Avatar
I don't tip I pay bills...
[ *  *  *  * ]
Roy nelson is gonna turn me into a Lesnar fan before it's all over I see it coming
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ram Jam
Member Avatar
In It 2 Win It
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Everyone loves Brock. I think it's his endearing personality.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ram Jam
Member Avatar
In It 2 Win It
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:
 
Former UFC middleweight Dan Henderson signed a four-fight, 16-month deal with Strikeforce on Saturday.

Aaron Crecy, the fighter’s business partner and manager, confirmed that the deal has been inked but would not divulge any further specifics of the agreement. Henderson had been in negotiations with both the UFC and Strikeforce since his UFC contract expired this fall.

“Dan chose to sign with Strikeforce after careful consideration," Crecy told Sherdog.com via e-mail on Monday. "He approached the process with an open mind, and over the course of the past couple months became increasingly impressed with the Strikeforce organization. It was not a decision that Dan took lightly."

Henderson could debut for Strikeforce as early as April on a tentatively planned CBS event, Sherdog.com has learned, and might face the promotion’s middleweight champion, Jake Shields, right out of the gate. Henderson, who also fights at light heavyweight, is being eyed for matchups against Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi and the world’s No. 1 heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko, said a source with knowledge of the deal.

“Dan has always been motivated by the challenge of competing above his natural weight class, and he would certainly be honored to square off with Fedor at some point," said Crecy.

Henderson, who is Sherdog.com’s No. 3 ranked middleweight, and the UFC had stalemated on a new five-fight agreement since late July, following the two-time Olympic wrestler’s second-round knockout of Michael Bisping at UFC 100. (Henderson earned $350,000 for the win, which included a $100,000 performance bonus from the promotion.)

Henderson was first announced to rematch Rich Franklin at UFC 103 last September in Dallas, though he was later replaced by Vitor Belfort as the 39-year-old California native’s renegotiations continued.

During a July 31 teleconference call, UFC President Dana White said Henderson was “next in line” to challenge middleweight titleholder Anderson Silva in a rematch of their March 2008 bout at UFC 82. However, the bout would never come to fruition. Henderson met face-to-face with UFC owners Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta at the end of September in Las Vegas, but could not hash out a new contract.

In November, Strikeforce joined the negotiation table after Henderson’s two-month non-compete period had expired with the UFC. Unlike other standard UFC contracts, Henderson’s did not include a matching period in which the UFC could review and match outside offers, said the source.

Jordan Feagan, Henderson’s lawyer, continued to converse with both promotions as late as Friday, according to the source. The source said that Henderson was even offered a bout on Friday to face top-ranked middleweight Nate Marquardt at UFC 109 on Feb. 6 in Las Vegas, a matchup the promotion had previously tried to lock up for November’s UFC 105 in Manchester, England. A bout between Marquardt and Henderson’s former teammate, Chael Sonnen, had already been reported independently for that date, though not officially announced yet by the promotion.

Henderson won the UFC’s under 200-Pound tournament at UFC 17 in 1998, before joining the ranks of RINGS and Pride Fighting Championships in Japan. The only fighter ever to hold two division titles for Pride simultaneously, Henderson owns victories over standouts Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Wanderlei Silva, Murilo Bustamante, and Rich Franklin.

During his second stint with the UFC from 2007-2009, Henderson co-headlined four of the five events that he appeared in.

Crecy said Henderson was “very pleased” with the terms of his new contract and that money was not the fighter’s sole objective in his decision to move to the newer promotion.

“Dan likes to be a maverick, and I think part of the attraction to Strikeforce was to be a part of something that broadens the growth of the sport within the U.S. and globally,” said Crecy. “The fact that Strikeforce offers a network television platform in CBS as well as a premium cable partner in Showtime was particularly appealing to him. It delivers an incredible opportunity for Dan to perform live before an audience of millions of present and future MMA fans. Also, (Strikeforce CEO) Scott Coker treated Dan with a great deal of respect and integrity throughout the negotiations, and that certainly affected his decision. Dan is very excited to be a part of the Strikeforce family."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ram Jam
Member Avatar
In It 2 Win It
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So what I'm gathering is Rich Franklin scared him away. :shifty:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
McLarenCrazy
Member Avatar
I don't tip I pay bills...
[ *  *  *  * ]
He scares everyone except the Spider and apparently the still 29 year old Vitor Belfort.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ram Jam
Member Avatar
In It 2 Win It
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
2 notes:

GSP was named the most popular athlete in the state of Canada, and Bobby Lashley signed with Strikeforce.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Nate
Member Avatar
Wishes he could be like David
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
GSP is a homo and Lashley will gett knocked the fuck out. :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ram Jam
Member Avatar
In It 2 Win It
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nobody is gonna knock out Bobby. I am still waiting for my Lashley v Lesnar UFC Heavyweight title fight. That will be the day I know pro wrestling has won. :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Nate
Member Avatar
Wishes he could be like David
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
never seen lashley fight but I hear he has some work to do before he can be a true fighter. He definatly has the natural ability/talent he just needs to work on a few things and he will be set. I still want to see fedor - lesnar and a rematch between anderson silva - dan henderson. but neither of those seem very likely to happen anytime soon
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ram Jam
Member Avatar
In It 2 Win It
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've never actually seen him fight either, I'm just going off of my black Brock stereotype. :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Nate
Member Avatar
Wishes he could be like David
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
2_Brew_Crew
Dec 15 2009, 01:21 PM
I've never actually seen him fight either, I'm just going off of my black Brock stereotype. :lol:
from what I heard he is pretty much the same as brock but without the experience and training.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ram Jam
Member Avatar
In It 2 Win It
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well Frank Mir better hop on the train now and get his win while he still can.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Orangesmoke20
Member Avatar
Too hot to handle.. too cold to hold... ohhhhhh yeahhhhh!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nate
Dec 15 2009, 12:57 PM
GSP is a homo
oh no you didnt
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ram Jam
Member Avatar
In It 2 Win It
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh yes he did. Go get him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Nate
Member Avatar
Wishes he could be like David
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Orangesmoke20
Dec 15 2009, 02:31 PM
Nate
Dec 15 2009, 12:57 PM
GSP is a homo
oh no you didnt
cmon he's french canadian. are you really going to back him up on this one? sure he is a great fighter and he is fun to watch but the whole french canadian thing makes him a homo.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Orangesmoke20
Member Avatar
Too hot to handle.. too cold to hold... ohhhhhh yeahhhhh!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
most frenchys= homo but gsp on the list of non homo frenchies
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Nate
Member Avatar
Wishes he could be like David
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I didnt realize there was a non homo french list. well I guess we could make one just for him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ram Jam
Member Avatar
In It 2 Win It
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:
 
On Wednesday it was made public that the UFC is looking to book an interim heavyweight title fight between former champ Frank Mir (13-4) and top challenger, Shane Carwin (11-0).

Carwin noted from his personal website, shane-carwin.com, that he would “be fighting in Newark, N.J. at UFC 111. I have not signed any contracts yet but I have told my manager to inform UFC matchmaker that ‘I accept the offer.’”

Former heavyweight title holder Mir talked to the Las Vegas Sun saying that no one has approached him about the fight but he would agree if the offer was made.

“Nothing is official yet, I’m reading the Internet too and trying to call the UFC,” Mir said. “I will agree to it if it comes up. I just think people were talking and it made sense but nothing is official. They haven’t talked to me yet but I don’t know if somebody with the UFC has leaked it out.”

“I think it’s the only thing that makes sense,” Mir said. “Carwin is up there, I’m up there. There’s four top heavyweights that could vie for an interim belt and two of them are fighting already. So putting me and Carwin together just makes mathematical sense.”

“The only part that was a surprise to me was that it could be for an interim belt,” Mir said. “Last I heard, I was sitting next to Dana at the (UFC 107) post-fight press conference when he said we’re going to wait for 4-to-6 weeks to find out whether or not Brock’s going to be able to return or not.”

If this proves to be more rumor than truth you can expect the buzz that this matchup has created will help push UFC president Dana White into making this fight official.

Source: The LasVegasSun.com



Really Frank? Do you want to have your face completely ripped off when the champ comes back?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Orangesmoke20
Member Avatar
Too hot to handle.. too cold to hold... ohhhhhh yeahhhhh!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
well they got to do something since brock might not fight again
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Orangesmoke20
Member Avatar
Too hot to handle.. too cold to hold... ohhhhhh yeahhhhh!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
After defeating Thiago Silva on Saturday night at UFC 108, it appears former UFC light heavyweight champion "Suga" Rashad Evans has once again set up a proposed bout with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

According to UFC president Dana White, the two rival coaches on Season 10 of The Ultimate Fighter will likely step into the octagon at UFC 113 in Montreal.

The pair were originally supposed to face each other in the main event of UFC 107 in Jackson's hometown of Memphis, but Jackson pulled out of the fight to pursue his acting career.

The move created a fallout with White, but the two have since cleared the air, allowing Jackson to return to the UFC. Jackson is 5-1 since joining the fight league in 2007, including briefly capturing the light heavyweight title
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ram Jam
Member Avatar
In It 2 Win It
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Forgot Fight Night was in Fairfax last night could of easily made it there. From the few minutes I saw it looked like it was a good show.

Although I'm not a big fan of the seats in the Patriot Center.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ram Jam
Member Avatar
In It 2 Win It
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
After fears that Brock Lesnar’s health was so bad that he’d never fight again, the UFC Heavyweight champ’s trainer Greg Nelson says that Brock is “definitely come back to fight” again for UFC. Nelson told ESPN that Lesnar is “slowly getting his body ready and being smart with his recovery” after suffering an intestines infection that UFC president Dana White originally feared could end Lesnar’s fight career. Nelson added that he believes Lesnar will be “back faster than people expect.” An interim heavyweight title fight is scheduled for March between Frank Mir and Shane Carwin. I’m guessing the winner of that fight will face Lesnar when he’s ready again.

– Though the official announcement has yet to be made, multiple sources are reporting that Bobby Lashley will now fight Jimmy ‘The Titan’ Ambriz (14-12-1) in his Strikeforce MMA debut on January 30, 2010. The fight will air on Showtime. At age 39, Ambriz appears to be at the tail end of his MMA career, but he’s got the size to give Lashley a hard time.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Orangesmoke20
Member Avatar
Too hot to handle.. too cold to hold... ohhhhhh yeahhhhh!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Anderson "The Spider" Silva remains undefeated in his UFC career. His ten-fight winning streak is the longest in UFC history, putting his name in every conversation about the world's best pound-for-pound fighter.

The current middleweight champion has been so dominant since joining the UFC in 2006 that he may need to venture outside of his weight class to find a challenge, something his manager Ed Soares claims he is more than willing to do.

Soares was a guest on HDNet's "Inside MMA" which will air tonight, and didn't back down when asked about Silva's potential future outside of the middleweight division.

"He wants to be involved in the biggest fights possible," Soares told Inside MMA. "Whether it be GSP, whether it be at light-heavyweight, or whether it could even be at heavyweight. It doesn't make a difference."

When asked if Silva will ever get a shot at a super fight with welterweight champion Georges "Rush" St. Pierre, Soares was quick to respond.

"I think it's GSP that gets a shot at him," he joked.

"If that GSP fight is something that the fans want to watch, and it's going to be a big pay-per-view, it's going to be a big fight, we'll take it," he stated with confidence.

Soares admitted that Silva's focus is on his next fight where he will defend his title against former light heavyweight champion Vitor "The Phenom" Belfort at UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi.

In his last appearance in the octagon, Silva dominated Forrest Griffin, winning by knock out in the first round of their clash at UFC 101. Silva originally secured the middleweight title by defeating Rich Franklin in 2006.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ram Jam
Member Avatar
In It 2 Win It
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]


Oh Wes Simms you should know not to mock Bobby. First it was the dude with the mask, now the test of strength, is his next opponent gonna try the finger poke of doom or something?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply