Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to ONLY CUB CADETS ARCHIVE!

WE ARE NOW AT A NEW HOME!

CLICK HERE FOR OUR NEW FORUM HOME

Please Register on our new Site

Please make NO new Postings to this site

Welcome to Only Cub Cadets!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do I adjust brakes on my 782
Topic Started: Mar 7 2009, 07:20 AM (1,306 Views)
golfnuts43
Member Avatar

I had a scary thing happen to me yesterday while I was doing some yard work with my 782 and a cart. Most of my yard is hilly and while I was out working picking up branches and cleaning up the yard my 782 ran out of gas going up the hill. To my suprise the brakes did not stop the tractor from rolling backwards. How do I adjust the internal brakes on my 782. Thanks for any help with this.

Larry
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

R Bedell
Member Avatar
Admin

Larry:

Excerpt from the Service Manual.......

Posted Image

:IH Hand

dyt4000
Member Avatar
Cub Cadet 109

right click on the image and "view image" to see a larger version...we are looking into the problem...

JMD

Can' read the answer posted how can you make reply bigger and clearer JMD

golfnuts43
Member Avatar

R Bedell
Mar 7 2009, 10:01 AM
Larry:

Excerpt from the Service Manual.......

Posted Image

:IH Hand
Thanks Roland. I assume I can get to this adjusting screws if I take the tunnel cover off or do I need to get to it from under the tractor. As you can tell I really don't know where this screw is located.

Larry :Confused

R Bedell
Member Avatar
Admin

Larry:

From under the tractor....!!! :thumbsup

R Bedell
Member Avatar
Admin

JMD:

The site host people have a bug in their system. They are aware of the problem and suppose to be working on it.
:Crap

JMD

R Bedell
Thanks for the info, though the problem might be on this end. JMD :Bang PC

IAfarmer

This is a really easy adjustment. Everything is on the lower front of the hydro, if I recall correctly. Took maybe 5 minutes to do.

golfnuts43
Member Avatar

Thanks guys. I made the adjustment like you said and it worked like a charm. I also adjusted the 1711 that was also in the same condition. I tell you this site is really great!

Larry :) :)
Attached to this post:
Attachments: P3090054.jpg (120.78 KB)

ACecil
Member Avatar

Larry,

You have some great looking cubs! Glad everything worked out for you.

agitch
Member Avatar

Larry where at in KY are you? I'm in Georgetown. Nice tractors.

Attached to this post:
Attachments: IMG_0827.jpg (86.85 KB)

ACecil
Member Avatar

Nice 782 agitch!

golfnuts43
Member Avatar

agitch
Mar 11 2009, 05:14 PM
Larry where at in KY are you? I'm in Georgetown. Nice tractors.

agitch, I'm about 30 miles south of Cincinnati down US 27.

golfnuts43
Member Avatar

agitch, You sure do have a good looking 782.

« Previous Topic · CCC and MTD Cub Cadet Tractors · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Cub Cadet is a premium line of outdoor power equipment, established in 1961 as part of International Harvester. During the 1960s, IH initiated an entirely new line of lawn and garden equipment aimed at the owners rural homes with large yards and private gardens. There were a wide variety of Cub Cadet branded and after-market attachments available; including mowers, blades, snow blowers, front loaders, plows, carts, etc. Cub Cadet advertising at that time harped on their thorough testing by "boys - acknowledged by many as the world's worst destructive force!". Cub Cadets became known for their dependability and rugged construction.

MTD Products, Inc. of Cleveland, Ohio purchased the Cub Cadet brand from International Harvester in 1981. Cub Cadet was held as a wholly owned subsidiary for many years following this acquisition, which allowed them to operate independently. Recently, MTD has taken a more aggressive role and integrated Cub Cadet into its other lines of power equipment.

This website and forum are not affiliated with or sponsored by MTD Products Inc, which owns the CUB CADET trademarks. It is not an official MTD Products Inc, website, and MTD Products Inc, is not responsible for any of its content. The official MTD Products Inc, website can be found at: http://www.mtdproducts.com. The information and opinions expressed on this website are the responsibility of the website's owner and/or it's members, & do not represent the opinions of MTD Products Inc.

All images and graphics from this site are the property of www.onlycubcadets.com. Any unauthorized use, reproductions, or duplications are prohibited unless solely expressed in writing.

Cub Cadet, Cub, Cadet, IH, MTD, Parts, Tractors, Tractor, International Harvester, Lawn, Garden, Lawn Mower, Kohler, garden tractor equipment, lawn garden tractors, antique garden tractors, garden tractor, PTO, parts, online, Original, 70, 71, 72, 73, 76, Spirit of 76, 80, 81, 86, 100, 102, 104, 105, 106, 107, 109, 111, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 147, 149, 169, 182, 282, 382, 482, 580, 582, 582 Special, 680, 682, 782, 782D, 784, 800, 805, 882, 982, 984, 986, 1000, 1015, 1100, 1105, 1110, 1200, 1250, 1282, 1450, 1512, 1604, 1605, 1606, 1610, 1615, 1620, 1650, 1710, 1711, 1712, 1912, 1914.

Tractor Links