Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
    Welcome to Nintendo Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
    Locked Topic
    • Pages:
    I'm 12 and what is this?
    Topic Started: Feb 26 2011, 10:57 PM (3,286 Views)
    lulz ensure
    Member Avatar
    ChuChu
    I was looking at this and it put the Wii higher than the PS3. wtf!
    This wii is shit. how the fuck did it get higher than the PS3?

It makes no sense. I hope someone agrees -_-
    Posted Image
    Offline Profile Goto Top

IceCatraz
    Member Avatar
    Roar of Mufasa

Quote:

Each console on the list ahead was selected for its influence on the industry and the gaming culture as a whole, with special consideration for their benchmark titles, peripherals, monetary success, and total hardware sold. But beyond sales figures and critical reception, one of the biggest contributing factors in our ranking process was our lasting impressions of each console, and how it contributed to our love for gaming and inspired us to become involved in the industry.

There's your answer.
    Posted Image
    Tanks
    IceCatraz
    1891-1183-1090
    Offline Profile Goto Top

KatzMotel
    Member Avatar
    :3

I dunno, man. Considering the Xbox 360 exists, I can't think of many reasons to buy a PS3. :P
    Offline Profile Goto Top

WhatTheFruit
    Member Avatar
    ChuChu
    I also agree that it doesn't, but maybe it is higher because it was the first console to use motion controls... Maybe it had to do with something about the Wii being an "innovation in gaming".

But yeah, I agree that the PS3 should be higher than the Wii.
    Learn how to make money online!
    Offline Profile Goto Top

Freelance Cinematographer / Photographer

Maybe because the Wii was a lot more innovative than the PS3. Ever think of that?

EDIT: What the hell? Those posts were not there 30 seconds ago. Excuse my somewhat redundant post.
    Edited by 55K, Feb 26 2011, 11:08 PM.
    Voted "A serious lurker who'll one day live in a box!" Thanks Everyone!
    AJ

Get some subs in that bitch. two 12s and you can roll down the street like WOBWOBWOBWOBWOWBOBWOBWOBWOBWOBW ERRRRRRRRRRRRR DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN WOBWOBWOWBOWBWOBWOWOB
    Offline Profile Goto Top

RiddleOfRevenge
    Member Avatar
    Away saving Yoshis.

I'd put it ahead of the PS3, to be honest.
    Posted Image

Nintendo Network ID: PhantomGanon
    Check out my Redbubble! Click.
    Offline Profile Goto Top

lulz ensure
    Member Avatar
    ChuChu
    Shit graphics, literally no hardrive, shit online, lacking third party support, insane amounts of shovelware, so on and so on....
    It has great games, just not enough. Nintendo just fucks away their time making shitty party games and peripherals, instead of making new 1st party franchises or a new Starfox or F Zero. At least they're doing something right with the 3DS.

Quote:

I dunno, man. Considering the Xbox 360 exists, I can't think of many reasons to buy a PS3.

The only reason i can think of for owning a 360 would be the halo games. thats it.
    Maybe look at ps3 lineup before you pass judgement?
    Edited by lulz ensure, Feb 27 2011, 12:06 AM.
    Posted Image
    Offline Profile Goto Top

Freelance Cinematographer / Photographer

coughKinectcough
    Voted "A serious lurker who'll one day live in a box!" Thanks Everyone!
    AJ

Get some subs in that bitch. two 12s and you can roll down the street like WOBWOBWOBWOBWOWBOBWOBWOBWOBWOBW ERRRRRRRRRRRRR DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN WOBWOBWOWBOWBWOBWOWOB
    Offline Profile Goto Top

KatzMotel
    Member Avatar
    :3

Quote:

The only reason i can think of for owning a 360 would be the halo games. thats it.
    I think I can exercise a degree of objectivity because I don't actually own any of the 7th generation consoles. :P From what I've experienced, the PS3 and Xbox 360 offer more or less the same performance and game line-up, only one is far more popular and marginally cheaper. Neither of their exclusive titles would be enough to carry a decision for me, so it just comes down what's more popular and thus more convenient when it comes down to trading games with your friends and stuff.
    Offline Profile Goto Top

Underdog Ash
    Member Avatar
    Musician, writer, lover, fighter.
    Personally, I like the Wii better. Great graphics don't always make the game. And as for shovelware, I just don't buy it, ya know. It all depends on the player, honestly. I'm not a FPS, gory gamer, so I prefer Nintendo to Sony and Microsoft.

The Wii might be 'shitty' to you, but not to others. Sony targets their audience while Nintendo targets theirs, which seem, at least to me, to be two different audiences. Graphics and shovelware and third party support don't matter to those who are just looking for a type of gaming where you have more fun than compete online.

Now, I'm not saying that competing online isn't fun, Call of Duty was fun to me for a month or so, but, as I said, Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft cater to their audiences, and they seem to do a pretty good job.
    Posted Image
    Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
    My 3DS FC- 3995 - 6611 - 3474

Offline Profile Goto Top

VelvetLightning
    Member Avatar
    Princess of Pink.

Ok so i wont understand for the life of me why you would sign up to a Nintendo forum, and the first thing you post is something bashing Nintendo.
    While i would love more traffic to this site, negative people like you can beat it for all i care.
    The Wii is higher on that list for obvious reasons.
    One, it WAS more innovative than the PS3 or the Xbox360, that's just fact. They introduced us to motion gaming. That in itself was a huge leap from what the Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 had.
    Second, Please go enjoy Uncharted and get over yourself about graphics. They NEVER and i mean NEVER made a shitty game better. If the gameplay is not good, the graphics will not make it a great game. Their a plus, but gameplay is always first and foremost. And the graphics are great for many Wii games. They may not be many of the boring but great looking PS3 games, but they still look as amazing as the Wii can offer.
    Third, The online goes by the game. COD Black Ops, Mario Kart Wii, and Animal crossing have great online support. Just because you played Brawl and didn't like the shitty connectivity, it doesn't make the Wii have bad online support.
    Fourth, lacking third party support? I'm not even going to point out how incorrect that is.
    And lastly, just because they didn't make a new StarFox or F-Zero game, doesn't mean they are not working on their main 1st party titles. Just because they don't shit out some crappy new game every year like many other companies and take their time to produce a quality game when it's actually finished, doesn't make them bad. They have different teams working on the party games and the main titles so they are always working on a new main title.

Honestly the Wii should be higher due to the fact that even though it may lack some of the conventional and nice things the PS3 has, It is still a great console with many better features than PS3 and Xbox360. To call it a Shit console, is being ignorant of anything the Wii is.

I'm sorry i had to go there, but it needed to be said. There are good things about all consoles and it offends me when someone just ignores that ignorantly and calls it shit.

Posted Image
    Offline Profile Goto Top

RiddleOfRevenge
    Member Avatar
    Away saving Yoshis.

lulz ensure
    Feb 26 2011, 11:52 PM
    Shit graphics, literally no hardrive, shit online...
    If this is the way you're thinking about it, then I'm suprised that you're only complaining about the Wii being ahead of the PS3. Did you not notice that the Intellivision, TurboGrafx-16, Colecovision, Xbox, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Playstation, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, SNES, Playstation 2, Atari 2600 and the NES were all put ahead of it as well? Those are all consoles with graphics that are and could be considered shit compared to today's standards, no hard drives and either no online capability what so ever or online capability that's not that great compared to today's standards.

There's more to a games console than its tecnological aspects.
    There's the actual games to consider for a start... That's the most important thing. The innovation is another thing to take into consideration and also the general impact that the consoles have or had on gamers and the gaming industry.

Edited by RiddleOfRevenge, Feb 27 2011, 01:09 PM.
    Posted Image

Nintendo Network ID: PhantomGanon
    Check out my Redbubble! Click.
    Offline Profile Goto Top

IceCatraz
    Member Avatar
    Roar of Mufasa

IceCatraz
    Feb 26 2011, 11:05 PM
    Quote:

Each console on the list ahead was selected for its influence on the industry and the gaming culture as a whole, with special consideration for their benchmark titles, peripherals, monetary success, and total hardware sold. But beyond sales figures and critical reception, one of the biggest contributing factors in our ranking process was our lasting impressions of each console, and how it contributed to our love for gaming and inspired us to become involved in the industry.

There's your answer.
    Just pointing this out again. This list was comprised based upon each consoles influence to the industry and gaming culture as a whole, with special consideration for benchmark titles, peripherals, monetary success, and total hardware sold. For these reasons, it's pretty clear as to why the Wii ranked above the PS3, and why the NES came in first place, PS2 in third, etc.
    Posted Image
    Tanks
    IceCatraz
    1891-1183-1090
    Offline Profile Goto Top

N!ck
    Member Avatar
    NF's Resident Magikarp
    lulz ensure

Shit graphics, literally no hardrive, shit online, lacking third party support, insane amounts of shovelware, so on and so on....
    It has great games, just not enough. Nintendo just fucks away their time making shitty party games and peripherals, instead of making new 1st party franchises or a new Starfox or F Zero. At least they're doing something right with the 3DS.

Quote:

I dunno, man. Considering the Xbox 360 exists, I can't think of many reasons to buy a PS3.

Psssssssst both PSN and Xbox 360 have shovelware, too. It exists on the PSN and Xbox Marketplace herp derp.
    Wii is probably up there because it sold more than the other consoles, and because it owns the most exclusives, while the PS3 and 360 share many of the same games (inb4 you list all of the PS3 exclusives. Don't. I already know.)

Yeah and it would be great if you weren't such a fanboy, fanboys tend to be a pain in the ass and close minded.
    Offline Profile Goto Top

lulz ensure
    Member Avatar
    ChuChu
    RiddleOfRevenge
    Feb 27 2011, 01:01 PM
    lulz ensure
    Feb 26 2011, 11:52 PM
    Shit graphics, literally no hardrive, shit online...
    If this is the way you're thinking about it, then I'm suprised that you're only complaining about the Wii being ahead of the PS3. Did you not notice that the Intellivision, TurboGrafx-16, Colecovision, Xbox, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Playstation, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, SNES, Playstation 2, Atari 2600 and the NES were all put ahead of it as well? Those are all consoles with graphics that are and could be considered shit compared to today's standards, no hard drives and either no online capability what so ever or online capability that's not that great compared to today's standards.
    I would take a Genesis or SNES over a Wii anyday. Those were amazing.
    The Wii WAS innovative- WAS. Now that MS and Sony have motion control (only better), the wii is obsolete. There's a reason why amazing games like Uncharted or littlebigplanet don't go onto the wii- it cant fucking handle it. it cant even handle a cod game without some features and killstreaks being taken out.
    Hell, innovation is such an overused word. Super Mario Galaxy was innovative. Pikmin was innovative. Littlebigplanet was innovative. The LoZ series was innovative. GAMES are innovative. not how you play them.
    and i'm a huge fan of pre-wii nintendo. The old nintendo that didnt make shitty fitness games and waste away their time making vitality sensors insteas of new first-party franchises.

Quote:

many better features than PS3 and Xbox360

lol? your forgetting about blu-ray, music, GOOD online (I know id's must be a strange concept to you) downloading movies, tv shows...

The only good wii feature is the VC. thats literally all i used my wii for (for the past couple of years). that and monster hunter and the occasional brawl match. Bottom line is, the wii never really suited my needs for gaming. i saw what sony was offering and i thought "wtf do i have a wii". and now i dont.
    Posted Image
    Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
    DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
    Go to Next Page
    « Previous Topic · General Gaming · Next Topic »
    Locked Topic
    • Pages: