Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Whalom Park and New Whalom Cooperative, LLC forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Currently you are viewing our forums as a guest and can explore and read through our topics. Become a member of our community and you’ll be able to respond to topics, vote in polls, start your own topics and most importantly be a part of the New Whalom Community.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free:
Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Goliath Media day PTR
Topic Started: May 26 2012, 11:15 AM (1,621 Views)
mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
I was invited through ACE to attend the Media day for SFNE's newest coaster Goliath. Goliath is a Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang which the chain relocated from their Magic Mountain park. The ride replaced the parks Shipwreck Falls shoot-the-Chute attraction.

I was able to arrive later in the day after getting prior permission. I was not going to be able to make the 4:30 call time. I instead left home at 5:00 and arrived at the park slightly after 7:30. I walked to Crackaxle via the restroom path next to Main Street and picked a spot to camp out for the day.

Food
Dippn Dots X 3
Kettle Corn X3 (brought some home)
Drinks X5 (Ice tea, coke, Mr. Pib)
Posted Image
Lunch was at the Riverside, They split the group between the riverside and the new JB’s Smokehouse but all the food was that featured at eh smokehouse. I made beef brisket sandwiches and had a side of pork brisket. There was also Cole Slaw, Some sort of backed Corn chowder and cake but I did not eat any of that.
Posted Image
Opening ceremonies
The park introduced the mayor of Crackaxle Canyon who welcomed us all and introduced Goliath. He then invited the head of Tourism for the region who did a quick speech. Nothing special pretty much the same speech heard every media day, new is good. The park president spoke for a few minutes and the coasters stats were given.
Posted Image
A small shows was then put on with 2 performers that came out shooting and surprised at the new ride. They stated that it was not there went hey went into the new JB's Smokehouse and that they were there for 2 weeks drinking sarsaparilla (Root Beer). The mayor told them that this was the newest addition to the town and that it's for all to enjoy but first we invite all our David's to come forth and tame Goliath. They launched the inaugural ride with Confetti cannons and music and the ride was officially opened.

Read my full report:
photos.newwhalom.com/Six_Flags/Goliath_Media_Day
Edited by mrceagle, May 26 2012, 03:44 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Trip Reports · Next Topic »
Add Reply