Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Whalom Park and New Whalom Cooperative, LLC forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Currently you are viewing our forums as a guest and can explore and read through our topics. Become a member of our community and youíll be able to respond to topics, vote in polls, start your own topics and most importantly be a part of the New Whalom Community.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free:
Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cedar Fair Ent. Company 2018 Plans
Topic Started: August 17 2017, 01:34 AM (90 Views)
Whalom
Member Avatar
Fin whale
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Amusement and Theme Parks

Cedar Point (Sandusky, Ohio) - Steel Vengeance (The world's tallest, fastest, steepest, longest hybred coaster featuring 4 inversions designed and build by RMC) Removal - Mean Streak (The Ride was close late 2016)

Canada's Wonderland (Vaughan, Ontario) 2 Wilderness themed rides (Lumberjack an axe themed Zamperla Hawk and Flying Canoes a canoe themed Zamperla Jump Around) Splash Island Expansion (The parks Kids pool will double in size)

Carowinds (Charlotte, North Carolina) - Camp Snoopy Expansion (The park will add 6 new attractions to it's kiddie/family area) Flying Ace Aerial Chase changes (The coaster will get a new name Kiddy Hawk and get repainted with beige supports and a blue track)

Kings Dominion (Richmond, Virginia) - Twisted Timbers (A custom RMC steel Hybrid Coaster featuring 3,351 ft of track, 3 inversions, 20 airtime hills, and speeds of 54mph) Winterfest (The park will add a winter lights event) Rebel Yell Name Change (The coaster will be renamed Racer 75) Removal - Hurler (The park closed it's wood coaster to make way for a new Steel hybrid attraction)

Dorney Park (Allentown, Pennsylvania) - Tidal Wave Cafe (This Nautical themed restaurant will bring comfort food to the water park)

Valleyfair (Shakopee, Minnesota) - New ride and capital improvements to Rout 76 area (On top of adding Delirious a Larson Giant Loop, the park will add new shade structures, improved lighting, and enhanced seating and gathering locations)

Worlds of Fun (Kansas City, Missouri) - Nordic Chaser (A new family ride will be added to the Scandinavia section of the park)

Michigan's Adventure (Muskegon, Michigan) - No Addition announced

Knott's Berry Farm (Buena Park, California) - HangTime (A 150ft Dive coaster will be added to the Boardwalk section of the park)

Kings Island (Cincinnati, Ohio) - No Addition announced rumors - (New Flat, possibly a Skyline Attractions SkyWarp) Antique cars (The attraction is currently closed and no word is given on its return) Removals - Dinosaurs Alive (The Parks Dinosaur themed walk-through attraction was closed on October 29, 2017)

Great America (Santa Clara, California) - RailBlazer (The park will introduce an RMC single rail coaster t the part featuring a 109 ft drop, 1,800 ft of track, and 3 inversions)

Managed Amusement Parks
Gilroy Gardens (Gilroy, California) - No Addition announced

Water Parks
Oceans of Fun (Kansas City, Missouri) - No Addition announced
Cedar Point Shores Water Park (Sandusky, Ohio) Formally Soak City - No Addition announced
Knott's Soak City (Buena Park, California) - No Addition announced
Wildwater Kingdom (Cleveland, Ohio) - No Addition announced

Resorts
Cedar Point Resort (Sandusky, Ohio) - Hotel Breakers Expansion (Freshly rehabbed the Hotel will get a new Tower that will add 158 rooms)
Edited by Whalom, February 8 2018, 09:31 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Sei Whale
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Steel Vengance is gonna be by far the best new ride of the 2018 season.

Great to hear Canadas Wonderland adding more great rides. Still wish they would add a really good inverting coaster soon. Maybe Cedar Fairs next RMC project will be Wildbeast. Who knows.

Looks like Carowinds is taking a break from adding major new rides. Its always good seeing something new added to improve the park experience.

I think Twisted Timbers is gonna be better than Wicked Cyclone. It will be more about the airtime than the overall layout.

I think its gonna be better than Six Flags version, other than what Great Adventure is getting next year.

Its unclear what Worlds of Fun is exactly getting.

It looks as it will probably be the best eurofighter coaster on earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DcPsXVZzKw

I think that will be better than Fiesta Texases version.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think this is one of the most impressive years to day for CF. All the rides and additions feel very thought out and fitting for the parks.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Sei Whale
Newsflash! This is what Kings Island is also getting next year.

Posted Image
Edited by SROS Master, October 2 2017, 10:55 PM.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
That is awesome. I'm in love with this ride concept. Really want to check one out.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Sei Whale
http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2017/10/cedar_fair_ceo_matt_ouimet_to.html

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
it is surprising that Cedar Fair CEO Matt Ouimet will be Stepping down at the end of the year. Richard Zimmerman will be promoted form President to CEO.

I know little about Zimmerman outside of the article saying he ran Kinds Dominion. he certainly doesn't seem to have the background that Ouimet has. but then Who though Ouimet would stand a chance of doing as well as former CEO Dick Kinzel.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Sei Whale
Hangtime update.

http://www.californiacoasterkings.com/knotts-berry-farm-update-november-7th-2017/
Edited by SROS Master, November 11 2017, 03:19 PM.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Sei Whale
Well, its about time.

Hang Time
https://youtu.be/PnAc9m22irM
Edited by mrceagle, November 12 2017, 01:55 AM.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Got the share link to work.

This is one of the few additions I'm really excited about. Really good layout.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Sei Whale
Well its about time Dorney Park got rid of this ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXnUVwGsnzE

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I'm a bit torn. I personally wouldn't have minded trying the attraction if I visited. but it's more that they have nothing announced to replace it.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Sei Whale
At least Kings Island still has theirs. I never bothered riding it since I have ridden quite a few boomerangs, along with Dejavu. Besides, Vodoo is a much better ride.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I'm sure it is. Question is what will happen to the coaster after it comes down.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Sei Whale
Rebel Yell will be renamed to Racer 75. It may sound a bit cheesy, but it does kinda make sense why since there is an inside joke to this name.

Iím sure there will still be a Rebel Yell to this ride, but from anyone who despises the new name.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
This whole political correct BS is starting to drive me insane. It's not in any way offensive and those who find it that way need to get a life. The new name is just stooped.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Sei Whale
Yeah I dont like the new name that much. The only excuse they gave is because its a reference to the first ACE event ever held.

You can thank those liberals for the name change. I think there just way too ashamed of themselves from what they have been doing over the past year, especially from November of 2016.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
that makes even less sense. I figured they are using 75 since it opened in 1975.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Sei Whale
I could go into more detail what I am exactly talking about, but thatís going into political territory. I agree this political correctness has gone way out of hand(you can thank those leftists who are freaking the hell out). ;)

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Sadly Politics have wormed its way into everything. But I agree best to avoid it in general park talk.

There are times where re-branding can be a good thing but if they are going to rename a coaster they should give it something with a bit more power.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Industry Additions & Plans · Next Topic »
Add Reply