Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Whalom Park and New Whalom Cooperative, LLC forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Currently you are viewing our forums as a guest and can explore and read through our topics. Become a member of our community and you’ll be able to respond to topics, vote in polls, start your own topics and most importantly be a part of the New Whalom Community.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free:
Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Canobie Lake Park 2017 Opening Day Notes
Topic Started: May 7 2017, 12:32 PM (56 Views)
mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Canobie opened for the season on May 6th. This is the latest opening the park has had to my knowledge. A decade go they opened early April on Sundays.
Weather - not great. light rain and Drizzle all morning heavy rain for a half house around one.but after the rain it stopped and the sun came out the rest of the day.
hours - 11am to 6pm
Crowds - Very light, I can recall only one day where crowds were at this level and the weather was worse with heavy rain almost all day.

My rides - 4X Cannonball including last ride of the night | 3X Star blaster, Untamed, Mine of Lost Souls | 2X PhycoDrome | 1X Carousel, Flume, Pirata, Wipeout, Canobie 500, Antique Cars, Twist-n-shout, Rowdy Roosters, Crazy Cups, DaVinci's Dream, Sky Ride, Boston harbor Patrol, Caterpillar, Over the rainbow, Skater and Giant wheel.

Rides down - Canobie Express, and extreme Frisbee, Crazy Cups Pirata, Zero Gravity, and Skater has down time but were all taken care of.

What's new - The park removed the wood form their Branco pinball machine and replace the sections with plexyglass. new pinball game Batman Premium Addition ($1 play), The park added 2 puzzle rooms to Wooden nickle arcade ($5 play), More arcade games will be coming to the central Skeeball building and a few Skeeball will be removed. The band organ is not operational and the park is using Recorded music over an amp speaker.

Canobie Express News
The cars and Tinder are still out at the main train station. the Locomotive is on site but still in storage. The train is currently not operating since the back track was removed for the sewer project. The park took this opportunity to work on the grade of the line and might do more work on the back turn. the park dose plant o have it back up this year.

Trip report and photo album coming soon.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Nice report. Cant wait to see the pictures. Too bad about the band organ. Really hope it will be fixed soon.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I'm hoping to have the pics and everything ready soon. Been going out none stop for the last few days and tomorrow is the same. Hoping I can get a lot done Friday and Sunday.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Trip Reports · Next Topic »
Add Reply