Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Whalom Park and New Whalom Cooperative, LLC forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Currently you are viewing our forums as a guest and can explore and read through our topics. Become a member of our community and you’ll be able to respond to topics, vote in polls, start your own topics and most importantly be a part of the New Whalom Community.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free:
Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Quassy Amusement Park Discussion
Topic Started: April 4 2017, 04:52 PM (119 Views)
mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This thread is dedicated to Quassy Amusement Park. A place for fans to converse. Feel free to create independent threads for major news out of the park but for general discussions and speculation this is the place.

Posted Image Posted Image
Current Ride Count 25
2 Coasters | 4 Thrill Rides | 13 Family Rides | 0 Dark Ride | 1 Water Ride | 5 Kiddie Rides
Water Park Attraction count 9
0 Pools | 0 Lazy/Adventure Rivers | 5 Slides | 2 Kids attractions | 1 Play-structure | Lake Swimming

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
This is an interesting park. Many coaster enthusiasts talk about how its good, but its just a very small park and very far away for me to consider checking it out. Well, maybe unless I am also doing a Lake Compounce trip on the same day.

The only two attractions that look interesting for me to check out are Wooden Warrior, and their Paratrooper.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
It is an interesting park. it is small but offers a pretty good ride selection for its size. I would also add Reverse Time and Frantic to the list 2 rides that can be found at no other park in the region.

The park is small enough you can hit it in a half day. Teaming it up with LC is a great idea and I have done it once. Worked out pretty well. Spent the morning at Quassy and then hopped over to LC for the rest of the afternoon.

Now if they can just get their hands on some adjacent land so they can expand a bit.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-yBf1t2Eic

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Not a bad little review. I agree with them do to size Quassy is not a full day park though I normally get the full day pass and give the rides a once twice over. this is an easy combo with LC which is jut a hope skip and a jump down the highway.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Here is an on-ride-Video I took on their train ride around the picnic grove and under Wooden Warrior.
https://youtu.be/DqEv8bH8DmE

KateWhip
Member Avatar
Sand Shark
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I saw on Facebook that Quassy opened for the season this last weekend. Was shocked when I heard they were over 100 years old.

Chair Scott
No Avatar

Great little park. Reminds me of Whalom Park a lot. It's size and offerings. Love the videos that show what they have to offer. I've been there once and hope to get there this season to ride the wooden Warrior and the trabant like ride. By the way the warrior is so worth the visit. I went on it multiple times.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
It sure is. I was able visit the park for the 3rd time this last summer. The Tribant replacement is interesting. has some of the similar movements but the outward facing seats give you an updated feel. I did however find it a bit mild. I think the chance version going to TGE will be the superior of the 2 models.

Newsies
Member Avatar
Dolphin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Very well deserved!

NEAAPA Hall of Fame induction – George Frantzis II
https://youtu.be/ZxYjCtXFAXo

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I've sat and talked with George a few time. Really good guy. Great pick for the award.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · New England Parks and Attractions Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply