Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Whalom Park and New Whalom Cooperative, LLC forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Currently you are viewing our forums as a guest and can explore and read through our topics. Become a member of our community and you’ll be able to respond to topics, vote in polls, start your own topics and most importantly be a part of the New Whalom Community.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free:
Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Hampshire Explorer (Cancelled)
Topic Started: January 8 2017, 11:23 PM (39 Views)
SROS Master
Member Avatar
Sei Whale
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Canobie was gonna get a new ride for the 2017 season, but at the last minute was ditched. Due to ridiculous safety concerns.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The New Hampshire Explorer Rapids ride would have been an amazing addition. Something that could have really drawn in new guest and shown off the capital improvements they have made in the last few years. The cancellation upset a lot of people.

My only hope is they reconsider the addition in a year or so. The only good thing in my mind about them opted to not add a water ride is an alternative attraction may not be so seasonal.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Sei Whale
Yeah I am hoping so too. Its not so much that the ride itself being cancelled that upsets me, but the over the top safety concern that shouldn’t even be a big deal, is what really upsets me. Untamed is more likely to get a serious accident than a rapids ride.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
That's possibly true. Being safety conscious is good but They seem to be talking it to a whole new level.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Sei Whale
http://www.screamscape.com/html/drayton_manor.htm

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Here is some local coverage of the incident.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4488658/Drayton-Manor-theme-park-accident-Splash-Canyon-ride.html?ITO=1490

While the park was wrong to have a ride with no safety restraints the girl ultimately caused the accident by standing up on the ride in the first place.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · New England Parks and Attractions News · Next Topic »
Add Reply