Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Whalom Park and New Whalom Cooperative, LLC forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Currently you are viewing our forums as a guest and can explore and read through our topics. Become a member of our community and youíll be able to respond to topics, vote in polls, start your own topics and most importantly be a part of the New Whalom Community.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free:
Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Food and Beverage Discussion
Topic Started: February 9 2017, 01:19 AM (112 Views)
mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This thread is set aside to share your thoughts and reviews on new food and beverage products that have come on the market. Make sure to share were you found it and how much you paid. The more information provided the better.

Feel free to also share your memories of products that you loved but are no longer around.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
New Iced Coffee
The other day I was looking for something different to drink and came across a new beverage option. Ready to drink Dunkin' Donuts Iced Coffee. It sells for $1.99 and I found it in a check out fridge at Market Basket. I got the Espresso Flavor which was very good. Unlike Starbucks it lacked the bitterness and was much more refreshing. at 290 calories and 14 grams of protein it's a reasonably healthy option. Only complain is it's got a lot of sodium 170mg per bottle.

While that was the only flavor at Market basket I talked about this product with some family. My mother saw it at Shaw's, also sold for $1.99, with 2 other flavors available. The flavors were French Vanilla and Mocha.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Posted ImageAn update on those dunked Donuts Drinks Market Basket has matched the price of other locations and increased them to $2.50 a bottle. Personally I think that's a bit much for what it is but it's on par with the Starbucks ready to drink iced coffees and other drinks on the market. As for their taste I stile haven't tried the original flavor. The French Vanilla is OK with a sweet vanilla taste but it hides the coffee a bit to much. It also tastes a bit sugary, Mocha is better With more coffee coming through but I coco flavor was a bit mild and didn't stand out for my or my friend Katie who also tried it, The espresso is the stand out option with a solid creamy coffee flavor that wasn't overly sweet and unlike Starbucks espresso I have had lacked the bitter aftertaste. Where any of the 4 options will benefit you is if your looking for a moderate caffeine boost. all for of the option contain in excess of 150mg in each bottle. That's 4-5 times more then your average soda.

Posted ImagePosted ImageBut if you going to spend upwards $2.50 you might as well go after a higher end coffee drink like that offered by Boathouse. There are 2 boathouse coffee options one is a simple Mocha Cappuccino and the other is a Protein boosted coffee drink. The Mocha Cappuccino has very good flavor but with less milk it offer a bit under 14 grams of protein. I have not yet tried the Boathouse Protein Plus Drink which offers 30Grames of protein and it's also fortified with other vitamins and minerals If price is more the concern one could always go with the Hood Coffee milk which tastes just like their coffee ice cream and runs for only a dollar at most places. you will get a bit more calories and sodium but you also get 2 more grams of protein then the Dunkins. Note however the Hood coffee like many coffee milks is artificially flavored. The Starbucks, Dunkins and boathouse options are more natural options.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Mnt Dew ICE
Posted Image I found this new product at the Market Basket in Bedford, NH. Ice is a Lemon lime style of Sprite, 7Up, and Most Twist (formerly Sierra Mist). I thought it was closest to 7Up.

A 20 oz bottle will run you
160 calories
90mg of sodium
41g carbs
41g Sugers

The lower suge count is do to The addition of Sucralose, a artificial sweetener. One big thing is the "Splash of real juice." The soda contains 1% juice, It's the 5th ingredient.

Market Basket has the drink on sale for $1.19 if you want to try it. But I think I will forgo the artificial sweetener and stick with an existing product. I heard they will be realising a few other fevers and I will post about them later.

On a side not ethey have had a few New products out for a while. They are seen as premium label sodas and with that comes a hefty price. The options are Spicked, White label, Green Label, and a new mango kickstarter option.
Posted Image

KateWhip
Member Avatar
Sand Shark
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've also tried the new ICE dew and thought it tasted closer to Sun Drop which I have never liked.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I talked with a couple people that I saw drinking Mt Dew ICE and they said they thought it was like Mellow yellow. It's been a while but I have to agree they are similar.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I use to drink Iced tea, but I donít find them appealing anymore. Those two boathouse bottles reminds me of Vinalla chi I use to have. It was decent, but I wouldnt go crazy about it. Heres a fun tip. Try mixing the chi with Orange juice, and it ends up tasting like Orange Julius.

I really like drinking sparkling juice. Great alternative to soda if you want something sizzley, but without as much fat. Pouring sparking water into juice is another one. I miss Switchs juice, but IZZEs isnít bad. There are a few favors that really stand out.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Really dislike Seltzers. I have had sparkling juice. Ocean Spray has a few good ones out on the market but they are a bit on the pricey side.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Stumbles across this new concept for Arctic Coke. A specialty cooler that allows you to turn your drink into a slushy

https://youtu.be/gDAoH1QYz_8

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
So wait. They invented something based on something that was accidentally invented?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8zz95rm8s

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I guess so. It's more of an easier way to get the option without the convenience stores having to buy a tone of new equipment and with far less waist because the shopper is planing toe buy the drink form a bottle not having a 10 gallons in a mixer.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I know this whole weight loss propaganda on this article is B.S. since it usually only ends up with the opposite result. But this particular smoothie actually looks kinda delicious.

https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Weight-Loss-Smoothie-Recipe-44836738

The spinach does sound like a strange thing to mix with Stawberry and Bananna, but it may end up tasting great.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Interesting but I'm nut a strawberry fan.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Food (General talk, Fast food, Dining out, Etc) · Next Topic »
Add Reply