Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Whalom Park and New Whalom Cooperative, LLC forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Currently you are viewing our forums as a guest and can explore and read through our topics. Become a member of our community and youíll be able to respond to topics, vote in polls, start your own topics and most importantly be a part of the New Whalom Community.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free:
Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of your features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Weather
Topic Started: January 17 2017, 11:43 PM (288 Views)
Newsies
Member Avatar
Dolphin
[ *  *  *  * ]
This thread is to discus current and upcoming weather.

The New England region is dealing with a nasty storm. Snow for some rain and ice for others. Storm is expected to last until mid day tomorrow.

Stay safe!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Major winter storm expected for February 9th, 2017

While I'm sure it's evident by looking out the window there is a major storm today. Snow predictions have been increased from previous expectations with a large part of New England expected to get upwards 12 to 18 inches of snow. Temperatures later today are expected to drop below zero.

Bundle up and stay safe. This is a big one.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I am glad we finally got a big snowstorm for better skiing and snowshoeing. I think this storm was out of the blue, as I had no idea the forecast was calling for a storm that big until the day before.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
The storm worsened as it got closer. A couple days before the totals were half the amount and at one point closer to a quarter what we actually got by storm day.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Well it looks like another snowstorm is on the way for tomorrow morning. From my place, its calling for 5-8 inches of snow.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I live a bit more north and I'm in the 12+inch bubble. Accuweather has it starting at .8 of a n inch for 2 hours and then .3-.6 of an inch just about every hour until 10 am Monday.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
What's really funny is that January had little to no snow. Now its virtually the exact opposite.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
As is the way of the New England winter!

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
With this warm weather we have been having lately, I am now thinking about the amusement park season. Even though it is still winter.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
The warm weather has been nice but the quickly melting snow is causing a lot of damage to the dirt road my house is on.

Can't help but think about how much snow we would have gotten today if the temp was cold enough.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Posted Image

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
^LOL

Yup, this is going to be a big one. Some parts of New England will see over a half of foot of snow fallowed by rain. A central chunk including most of NH will see over a foot of snow and possibly as much as 18 inches.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I hope the storm will significantly tone down by Wednesday morning. I had to go drive in the horrendous travel conditions from my workplace today. Very glad I didnt get into an accident, seeing how bad the white out was at times and some cars stuck on the side of the road calling for help.

I am tremendously happy I am home right now.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Glad you're OK. I don't know why anything is open outside of things that are absolutely necessary.

It will be interesting to learn what the totals are. When I started clearing snow at 3:40 snow was already piled up to my knees. There was close to a quarter of an inch on the driveway as we were going in and by dinner it looked like another 2 inches had piled up on the porch. I would not be surprised if my area has a total at or over 30 inches.
Edited by SROS Master, March 15 2017, 08:11 PM.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Some ski areas tend to stay open no matter what the weather.

Just saying.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Totals are impressive

rounding off the top 5
Granville 21.5″
Huntington 20.0″
Southwick 18.0″
Ashfield 18.0″
Lunenburg 16.1″

Burlington, Vermont had a 28.7 inches of snow. this is the section of the band that him my area in NH.

WMUR reported these totals
New Hampton - 23"
Boscawen - 22"
Brentwood, Chocorua, Hill, Madison- 20"
Francestown, Ossipee, Wakefield- 19"
Hudson - 18"

I'll look for more later

SilverLugia456
No Avatar

I'm sore from all of the shoveling that I had to do after the recent storm. It was heavy snow.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
SilverLugia456
March 16 2017, 04:47 AM
I'm sore from all of the shoveling that I had to do after the recent storm. It was heavy snow.
It was heavy, caused a lot of trouble in my area. It pulled apart a tent we have to cover our wood. It also tore a hole in the Hampshire dome. The air-dome is now deflated and there is no word on when it will be replaced.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Finally, were gonna get alot of rain.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I have heard about the stretch of rain but have not heard any predicted totals. Hopefully its enough to help lift us further out of drought but not enough to cause major flooding.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I have this prediction that we are going to get some flooding, considering the year before this past year didnít have either extreme.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Not sure if any of the area is on a flood Plain this year.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Wow what a way to start April. Calm pleasant sunshine, with snow melting quite fast.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
That Nor Easter was insane. Hardest storm to clean up this season. It is melting very fast. It's hard to think we went form heavy snow to 54 degrees within a day.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I know, its literally a battle between Spring and Winter. Also more rain in the forcast, and I am seeing more puddles building up.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Ya it seems mother nature is eager to wipe out last years drought in one fell swoop.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Well its look like were gonna get quite a heat wave. It will make up for that cool front we had not long ago.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Today was painfully beautiful.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Great weather today. For the first time ever we have Easter dinner outside. Worked out well since we had 14 people total including my grandparents and uncle who was up from Atlanta.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Well it looks like were in for a cold and wet may. Surely is the exact opposite from last years May so far.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
After a whole week of crazy White Mountain like weather, it looks like next week is finally gonna be sunny and alot warmer.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Wow this last weekends weather was something. Knocked out my friends power for a day. knocked out my power form Monday to very ate Tuesday around 32 hours. A relative of here just got back her power after nearly 4 days of having no power. Only positive is it's good to see all these water ways and wet lands that have been so baron all summer showing signs of water retention and movement.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Surprisingly, I only lost power for what seemed like 20 minutes. Sucks to hear about others who were not so lucky.

Yeah we really needed all this rain.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
News said this was worse then that Ice Storm we got back in like 2013, power outage wise. What shocked me is they have spend all the time between removing branches and trees.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Winter weather is coming, and will be arriving this Thursday or Friday.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Got pushed off till Saturday but it hit. Luckily I didn't have to drive in it.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Eyup, the first snow storm of the season. Theres another one coming this Tuesday.

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
Ya, not looking forward to that one. Can hide my car in the garage for this storm but the next one I don't think I will be so lucky. Its also expected to be a bit more snow.

SROS Master
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
This is urgent news.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2018/01/02/monster-storm-to-blast-east-coast-before-polar-vortex-uncorks-tremendous-cold-late-this-week/?utm_term=.c533d0c9eedd

mrceagle
Member Avatar
Blue Whale
I'm just thankful that the storm is trailing east. 8 to 10 inches seems pleasant compared to 14 to 18 along the Maine coast.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Local News and Weather · Next Topic »
Add Reply