Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Mystic Revolution forum! Nice to see you!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. You can't see much now, but if you register (it's fast and free) you can see the other forums and topics by other members. Please post in the validation topic to complete your registration. You will not be validated until you do so.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Chat thread; Talk about anything o.O
Topic Started: Dec 18 2009, 03:51 PM (11,927 Views)
AzeNaku
Member Avatar
Pyro
[ * ]
Darius Drake
May 23 2012, 08:32 AM
No, they're alive. For those newcomers and scouts, the forum IS alive. However, if you aren't logged in and validated, then you can't see the vast majority of the forum.

Also, I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply to your post, AzeNaku.
Yeah, I'm seeing that activity happens if I wait long enough. I came from a forum that gets a lot more action. ^^;

Also, "Aze" is just fine. ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

princessearth5188
Member Avatar
Screaming fangirl
[ * ]
Wow I disappear for a few months and the forums start to die! Have no fear screaming fan girl is back! Lol so honestly what is going on with everyone?

MegaMan
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ * ]
princessearth5188
Jul 12 2012, 12:19 AM
Wow I disappear for a few months and the forums start to die! Have no fear screaming fan girl is back! Lol so honestly what is going on with everyone?
NO DEAD FORUMS HERE OKAY

I just got back from band camp ;_;...and I have a convention tomorrow (Matsuricon) that I need to be up early for...then back to work/school!

Kiamo Mect
Member Avatar
Mage
[ * ]
Holy Shenanigans! I'm back! man it has been too long, things just went completely crazy at Uni then my computer went bye-bye and i was determined to fix it and not buy a new one, so after a long and arduous process of transferring and replacing many many a thing i'm back! and i've never felt better now that all the crazinesses is over .
Lots of love minna!
Edited by Kiamo Mect, Nov 24 2012, 01:44 PM.

MegaMan
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ * ]
Just got back from Ohayocon...ordered a commission from Sparrow, had a good ol' time! Anyone else attend any cons recently?

The Nippler
Member Avatar
Idiot
[ * ]
It makes me sad that the forum to my favorite webcomic is kinda dead.

FBB
Member Avatar
MR Ninja
[ * ]
The Nippler
Nov 8 2014, 12:58 AM
It makes me sad that the forum to my favorite webcomic is kinda dead.
Clearly the answer is to kidnap people, force them to read through MR (not that it really requires much force, per se), and then poke them in the direction of the forums. :P

Also, in my experience activity begets activity. So really all that's needed to get a modicum of happening is to:

a) Have some more discussion on the comics as they come in. The last dozen or so have been pretty heavy on introducing new threads or new twists to old ones-- if even a couple of people turned up and commented every time a new comic was posted you'd find an increase in people checking the forums habitually and, hopefully, people who don't normally post dipping their toes in the waters whenever a particularly interesting point is being discussed.

b) Have some side discussions/projects running in between updates. There's the obvious (and spammy) "last post in this thread is the winner" or "ban the person above you"; but then there are other (more constructive) things like holding a weekly fan-art jam (which, once it gets going, you'll often find even those with little artistic skill --and even less self-confidence-- start joining in) or a serious attempt at swarm coding, etc. an actual MR game / fan imagining of MR (I've not yet checked out the Roleplaying section of the boards yet, only got enough time to visit in small doses, so don't know if something like this has actually been attempted yet?).

c) When all else fails, drama draws people in like you wouldn't believe. Obviously there's a fine line between entertaining rants / counter-rants and actually damaging flaming, but speaking from the experience of managing a forum with more than it's fair share of drama I have to say that nothing brings people out of the woodwork like a good, juicy, debacle. Ofc, not really sure that this is an option or even desirable for the MR forums atm, but just mentioning it for the sake of completeness.

{edit}
Clarified a few points.
Edited by FBB, Dec 11 2014, 10:00 PM.

« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: