Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Mnsmash. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
  • Pages:
Minnesota Melee Power Rankings
Topic Started: Oct 9 2011, 07:46 PM (15,041 Views)
Triple R
Member Avatar
Mid Tier
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Minnesota Power Rankings as of 10/20/12

Posted Image

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315452

12/7/11
1. Chexr
2. Deepak
3. Wake
4. Triple R
5. Zeus
6. Tempest
7. Amanze
7. James Sparrow
9. Fluxwolf
10. Moe

Introduction

First, things in this post are set in stone. There will be no changes to the workings of the PR. If there are concerns, suggestions can be made and they will be considered for the next revision of the PR. If there is an emergency or problem that is proven to be broken, it will be revised immediately.

Structure

The PR will be a list of 10 players based on skill with #1 being best.

Procedure

People will compile their personal 1-10 rankings and send them to me (Triple R) via PM. Please also post in this thread that you voted. A simple “voted” will do. This way I can check to see that I received your ballot and did not miss any. Ties will not be allowed on ballots. You must rank 1-10 with no ties. Ballots with ties will not be considered.

When I receive the ballots, people who receive a #1 rank will be given 10 points, #2 9 points, and so on. These points will then be added up and totaled to determine the final top 10 for the PR.

How to Rank

When making your ballot, rankings should be based off of placings at tournaments then money matches, in that order. Out of State(OoS) tournaments are to be considered when making your ranking. All tournaments where there is a prize should be taken into account: GnG monthlies, U of M tournaments, etc. Tournaments should be taken into consideration only if they have occurred in the last 4 months.

Again I plan to have everything in this post to be the final word. If I forgot a major point, or if there is a major flaw please don’t hesitate to post about it. Thanks and remember this is for fun and simply a way to motivate people to improve.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wake
Member Avatar
Mid Tier
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Voted.

-NaPPy
Member Avatar
Mid Tier
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
nappy for 10th

Maxy B
Member Avatar
Mid Tier
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Voted.

sin242
Member Avatar
Mid Tier
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I fully plan on voting on the next one, I also still think the PR should be every 3 months

Triple R
Member Avatar
Mid Tier
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Voted.

@sin. I can assure you 3 months is too short. Most people struggle to get to 2 tournaments in 4 months. 3 months would be too short.

Amanze
Mid Tier
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think we should do it yearly so I can try really hard from Oct-Dec and then coast out for 9 months.

Kyle
Member Avatar
FluxWolf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
^lmaoo

Triple R
Member Avatar
Mid Tier
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So there is only about 3 whole days left of voting, and I only have a few votes. Remember you have to submit a ballot to be eligible for the PR. I will make a PR with less than 10 people if I have do.

DON'T MAKE ME DO IT!

I'LL DO IT!

Wake
Member Avatar
Mid Tier
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh wow. Cmon people just vote! Randall's doing everything else for us. Is it that hard?! Don't be so lazy!

Deepak
Member Avatar
High Tier
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
will there be a list of people who are eligible to be voted on added?

Chexr
Member Avatar
High Tier
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
How do we know who we can vote for if only people who have voted can be on the PR and we dont know who has voted?

I dont want to waste my votes on people who arent even eligable.

Triple R
Member Avatar
Mid Tier
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Important Note

There have been many concerns about who should be voted for and who is eligible.

To break the confusion I am restarting the process. I am scratching all that has happened so far. So basically the votes I received so far don't count.

For the next week we will be in step 1 of the Melee PR.

Step 1: Anyone who wishes to be eligible for the PR must send me a PM listing what 2 tournaments you have been to in the MN area in the last 4 months. This step will last for a week, ending next Thursday 20th at midnight.

After this step I will compile a list of people who are eligible to be on the PR. This list will then be made available to the public, and the voting will begin. This list will be people that are viable picks when forming your PR ballots.

I hope this hasn't hassled too many people, but I feel this will clear away much confusion.

Wake
Member Avatar
Mid Tier
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Sent my two tournies.

Kyle
Member Avatar
FluxWolf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
guys... is it really that hard? like wtf chexr and deepak im pretty sure u guys know who to put in what order and fuk it im not even voting again LOL i already did my part and i dont really give 2 shits about PRs anyways LOL god... this is a community thing it should be easy u guys are acting like a bunch of politicians up in this biotchhh O_O

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · MN Power Rankings · Next Topic »
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
  • Pages:

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!

Skin Created by Evit-Morningstar of ForumStyles
Based Upon MinusNine's Hysterica