Character Applications
Help Desk
Ship Status
The LiSline

Who's online now?

Click here to join LiS Chat!

Previously on Lost in Serenity...

June 11th

Galiano - The crew have successfully laid hands on the cargo of misappropriated arms and are now cleaning up the opposition and hastening for a quick escape.

Deadwood - Kenji and Biff have helped saved the farm and found themselves in a turf war inside a foreign ship. With the culprits now put down or out cold, the pair must decide what to do with the contraband ex-military vessel which has fallen into their hands, not to mention the stowaway/captive they've discovered downstairs.

Glory - The crew has successfully destroyed the factory and warehouse of the new Alliance CORTEX systems. The heroic crew now returns to find Glory is not how they left her. The rest of the crew does not respond. Glory's systems fail to reply to her children. All is not well....

Valorous - A vague, yet bountiful meeting has concluded and the crew have regrouped back at the ship on Ariel with prospects of a new job. In their absence, however, something is amiss.

Remember, if you've ever got any issues, please don't hesitate to bring them to our attention - ask us a question!

The LiS Staff

LiS Staff

loneviking - Founder
PMD14 - Admin
MacTrom - Admin
Tojoyama - Lead Narrator
biffcalhoon - Narrator

Staff Application Form

Welcome to Lost In Serenity. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!.

Newbie Guide 101.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
S3: Galiano - Black Leather Jackets; Wrap up, dispose, recycle
Topic Started: Nov 30 2015, 12:07 PM (2,138 Views)
MacTrom
Member Avatar
Harbormaster
Rex
Ayden
Felicity
William (npc)

Others may still be about...

After dropping off several of the weapons from the crate for those on Glory to utilize, Galiano continued on to delivery the rest to its destination. Some weapons were also kept on board for use in future expeditions. After the drop off, Sonya and Siobhan decided to travel to the secret location where Ian Jr was being watched over by Karyn. Here they made their departure at Verbena.

At the same time, a new pilot/captain joined up with the covert ship; Felicity Mendelssohn.

She made her accommodations in James' former stateroom, and William watched with trepidation as his former partner's gear was stashed and stored away.

"Actually pretty glad to have you onboard. We got your resume' and your involvement in the Mission. Hope you have some military experience, tactics and such. We could use some of that. Our former pilot left us, and she was one of the more proficient in weapons use."
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow. Things should start to get interestin' right about now

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Narrator: Galiano's Tales
Lost Chapters: The Good, The Bad and The Glory
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Clare
Member Avatar
Deck Hand
"Thank you, glad to be aboard," Felicity responded to William's welcome.

"Good at dodging missiles and keeping a low profile,' Felicity replied with a grin. "I was XO on a hospital ship during the war; we didn't trust that our neutrality would be respected and sometimes we were right. Had a few occasions where we had to make them think we were a Q-ship; make it look like we had a targeting solution even though we were unarmed."

Her face sobered up. "Don't know if that qualifies me as having military experience or knowledge of tactics. I have only ever fired my pistol on the range so don't know how I would go in combat." she said and then added, with a shrug of her shoulders, "Sorry."

She was itching to get her hands on the controls, though. She was used to big, heavy ships and mid-bulk transports, not light, manoeuvrable ones like Galliano and, if asked, she would have had to confess that the prospect of piloting her was rather exciting.

"Do we have a cargo?" She asked as a prelude to getting into the details of the ship's business, including what supplies they had, the crew and what skills they had and what they were lacking.

"I would like to have a catch up with the crew as a whole and then speak to each individually," she said at the end.

Posted Image
Dr. Beth Williams
Pixie Brannigan
Felicity Mendelssohn

Tojoyama
Member Avatar
Cap'n
REX YANGTREE

Rex had only made known his private thoughts to Ayden. It was good to have someone to confide in after all these years. Previous opinions on senior officers had to be carefully restrained. His thoughts on Wililam had been that their Captain seemed to always be a step behind instead of one ahead.

He'd also shared his thoughts on the civilian pilot Captain that was joining them.
The resume didn't seem to carry much weight, "Still, there's always a lot not on one. At least these days. Let's go meet her."

Yangtree dressed casual. No need to emphasize his position on the ship. He was pretty sure his resume expressed his abilities. Dressed in slacks, dress shirt with no tie and a light sport coat he led the way.

He (they?) caught up to Felicity and William.
"Captain, er, Captains." he said with good humor.
"Rex Yangtree." he said to Felicity and offered a handshake.

Posted Image
Edited by Tojoyama, Dec 15 2015, 04:56 AM.
Sonya Gulliver Description
Africa Chamberlain Description

MacTrom
Member Avatar
Harbormaster
The bridge console beeped, whined and the CORTEX screen flashed. William turned on his heal and dashed rather haphazardly to the bridge, cascading off bulkheads as he went. The others followed behind, curious to what might be afoot.

He slid into the copilot seat, flipped a switch that was under the edge of the console, and a flash of static on the CORTEX terminal resolved into a face. He stiffened at the sight, and his eyes glittered in attention.

"Captain Williams. We have an important assignment. A mission of grave importance. One of our assets has been captured by a local law keeper and will soon be turned over to the Alliance. We need her extricated at the earliest convenience. Before the Purplebellies get their hands on her. The information she has could be devastating to our cause if the wrong people get it. I'm sending you her location, as well as what we believe to be her transfer orders. Our source for these is indisputable; they barely got out with their lives in order to get us this information. "

William nodded as the transfer documents came through. He gave a brief salute and the screen went dead.

"Not sure about a cargo, but looks like we have a passenger to pick up."
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow. Things should start to get interestin' right about now

abbey
Member Avatar
Deck Hand
Ayden and Rex talked like they had never been separated. She remembered doing it often, especially as they lay in bed.

He was worried about the state of the ship. People leaving; people coming on board. He didn't know what to think of the new one. Her resume seemed lacking.

"Still, there's always a lot not on one. At least these days. Let's go meet her."

She nodded and they got up and dressed. Rex dressed up. Ayden thought he was handsome. Enough to make her think about wrestling him back down onto the bed and delaying their departure. She was self conscious about herself though. She threw on some khakis and the best shirt she had; a button up white shirt with food stains on the sleeves. Embarrassed, she rolled them up to try to hide them and then followed behind Rex to where they were to meet folks.

"Captain, er, Captains."

Ayden sat down on one of the chairs curling up in it.

"Rex Yangtree."

Rex hand out his hand for a shake.

"Um... I'm Ayden. Ayden Richter. Cook and medic here."

Then there was a commotion from the bridge and William went running for it. Ayden followed (along with everyone else?) and heard the transmission.

"Captain Williams. We have an important assignment. A mission of grave importance. One of our assets has been captured by a local law keeper and will soon be turned over to the Alliance. We need her extricated at the earliest convenience. Before the Purplebellies get their hands on her. The information she has could be devastating to our cause if the wrong people get it. I'm sending you her location, as well as what we believe to be her transfer orders. Our source for these is indisputable; they barely got out with their lives in order to get us this information. "

Ayden looked nervously around. Another war mission? She knew she had no choice though. After all, there was a war brewing and she and Rex needed to money so that they could go get Brandon one day.

"Not sure about a cargo, but looks like we have a passenger to pick up."

"Hopefully someone who won't try to kill us," she muttered.
Posted Image

Clare
Member Avatar
Deck Hand
Two of the crew had arrived and she accepted Rex's handshake, her own grip firm and authoritative.

"Felicity Mendelssohn," she said. Then, because she had already decided that on such a small ship titles were inappropriate, she added, "You can call me Felicty, no need for ceremony unless we a needing to make an ...."

She was cut off by the alarm from the bridge. Not bothering to complete her sentence, Felicity followed William, not seeming to hurry and effortlessly avoiding the obstacles but arriving on the bridge right on his heels and thus in plenty of time to catch the message and the location.

She had had enough of the Alliance, having had, during the war, to ignore Independents casualties effectively at gunpoint while being directed to help an Alliance ship that wasn't in immediate danger and with much light casualties. She had seen helpless Independents ships being fired on and destroyed too.

So it was a chance to get one back on the Alliance.

"What intelligence do we have on Alliance presence between here and our destination? Also in the area around the destination. I want to be able to plot a optimal course to get there while not drawing attention to ourselves plus I will also need to plot an escape route; the Alliance are likely to be miffed and want to chase us." Felicity had already sat herself in the pilot's chair and was starting to work up flight plan options. "Oh, and I will need to know the capabilities of this ship, especially any unobvious ones it might have."

Ayden said,"Hopefully someone who won't try to kill us,"

"Good point, Ayden, we will need to keep an eye on her in case she is a plant," Felicity commented; William might know who his orders were coming from but there was still the chance that the woman might not be who she was purported to be. "It might also be a trap so we need to keep our eyes open for that possibility too."

Posted Image
Dr. Beth Williams
Pixie Brannigan
Felicity Mendelssohn

Tojoyama
Member Avatar
Cap'n
REX YANGTREE

He listened as William took the call, Felicity took charge. Rex had followed to the bridge as was his custom, listening to the Captain as much as he was allowed. The specifics were few, he'd need details for some sort of.....

... Felicity was on it, at least the black end of things. He looked to Ayden and raised an eyebrow and let loose with a slight smile. A clear signal that he approved of the 'captain'. If she was. He wasn't sure, William seemed to be acting like one, or was this just a transition.

Then his face went firm and hidden.

Just before any departure, packages were delivered for Rex Yangtree.
(With narrator approval)

MacTrom
Member Avatar
Harbormaster
William took the readout and led the others back to the CIC area. He spread the map out over the display table and started studying it. The map showed two buildings, labeled Sheriff and Jail. He picked up the flimsy and read off the details.

"Ok. Their research says she is held in this small town jail on Newhall. The sheriff's office has several cells for over night lockups; the jail is used for more long term confinement. The Alliance is scheduled to pick her up in 3 days. Our travel time to Newhall should be under 48 hrs. We can use that time to work up an escape plan. Thoughts? Suggestions?"

Outside:
Posted Image

Office:
Posted Image

Prison:
Posted Image

abbey
Member Avatar
Deck Hand
The new person was named Felicity Mendelsson. At this point, Ayden was a little confused of who did what on the ship now. Well, she knew what she did and what Rex did, but now it seemed like there were one too many captains. She'll figure it out later, she guessed. Either that or Rex would give her the scoop.

Rex... She so wished she could have some extended alone time with him. They really hadn't been able to plan anything beyond the goal of earning some money before they could get back and take Brandon. She wanted to talk about it. She wanted to know what his mind was cooking up. After all, she was quite sure he had already begun to strategize.

"What intelligence do we have on Alliance presence between here and our destination? Also in the area around the destination. I want to be able to plot a optimal course to get there while not drawing attention to ourselves plus I will also need to plot an escape route; the Alliance are likely to be miffed and want to chase us." "Oh, and I will need to know the capabilities of this ship, especially any unobvious ones it might have."

Ayden hadn't meant for Felicity to hear her comment about the person they were picking up hopefully not wanting to kill them, but she had.

"Good point, Ayden, we will need to keep an eye on her in case she is a plant,"

She couldn't help but get a small smile on her face. She wasn't a soldier even though she grew up in a military family, but she was catching on and was beginning to get the gist of what she should be looking for.

"It might also be a trap so we need to keep our eyes open for that possibility too."

Great. A trap. She hoped to God that this trap didn't include something like that which happened on Glory. Trained assassins roaming through the ship? She wouldn't have a chance. Sure, she could shoot and knew some self defense, but she was definitely not front line combat ready. Perhaps she should ask Rex to help her get to that kind of status.

As she looked over to him, she caught him looking over at her. She smiled wider and blushed a little. How could he do that by just looking at her? And in this kind of situation?

He raised an eyebrow and smiled back and somewhere in there she gleaned that he was approving of their new crew person. Then as things went along, his soldier face slipped back in place and her carefree man disappeared.

Maybe she should get a game face too.

"Ok. Their research says she is held in this small town jail on Newhall. The sheriff's office has several cells for over night lockups; the jail is used for more long term confinement. The Alliance is scheduled to pick her up in 3 days. Our travel time to Newhall should be under 48 hrs. We can use that time to work up an escape plan. Thoughts? Suggestions?"

"Uh... So they have two lockups. Anyone know which one she might be in?" she asked. She didn't know much about jails. "Because I am pretty sure I don't want to plan for one location and she ends up being at the other."
Posted Image

MacTrom
Member Avatar
Harbormaster
William smiled at Ayden's comments.

"To be sure. I'd gather she would be in the more secure lockup, the prison, instead of the Sheriff's. By the way, Felicity, here, is the new commander. I'll be pilot, and liaison to our patrons. She can develop the plans and such, figure out if we need anything and get us organized."

He turned to the new crew.

"That sound right?"

Clare
Member Avatar
Deck Hand
"Thank you, William," Felicity said, acknowledging his clarification of her position, and his.

"I am inclined to agree that she would be held in the gaol; of course that is what they might want us to think. That is a bluff, double-bluff circle, assuming cognisance on their part, which we could go mad trying to resolve so I suggest that we start by scouring the two locations to get a better understanding of the personnel and other defences of each location and to determine where she is being held. That is for discussion at a later point and should be led by Rex, being, I believe, our most experienced person in this area.

"Of course, first we have to get there. If we had had more time I would have proposed that we follow a four leg, asymmetrical course to Newhall that would end on the far side so that if the transmission continuing the details of the mission has been traced to us we will be less likely to be intercepted. In the circumstances I would rather have more time on site so we will do a two leg trip, the first a short pulse in the wrong direction to throw off any pursuers followed by the main leg direct to Newhall which will be calculated to suggest that we came from somewhere else. It shouldn't add too much to our journey though will leave us with lower reserves."

She was running 'off the cuff' but was confident of her mental calculations.

Posted Image[/color]
Edited by Clare, Jan 4 2016, 04:42 PM.
Dr. Beth Williams
Pixie Brannigan
Felicity Mendelssohn

Tojoyama
Member Avatar
Cap'n
Rex Yangtree

Rex Nodded. Everything seemed in order. The pecking order had been explained, a plan was being formulated.

"Depending on time allowed perhaps an infiltration, someone getting arrested on a petty crime with release by bail the next day. Then we could confirm if our objective is in the jail."

"As for taking the most direct route I think William can explain our various stealth abilities. Perhaps even to impersonating a Marshall or policeman with a prisoner. Any military confrontation is going to need to begin up close given our small numbers. The element of surprise being key."

MacTrom
Member Avatar
Harbormaster
William nodded as well.

"Or one of the ladies masquerading as a female relative, visiting; or delivering a meal. Just so we can get an eye on the insides, see where our contact is, and what level of security exists. "

MacTrom
Member Avatar
Harbormaster
William looked around the table.

"Any further discussions? Anyone?"

Clare
Member Avatar
Deck Hand
"Nothing from me. We should get underway and we can think about it and draw up a definitive plan with some variants over the next couple of days," Felicity said, looking around the room at the other occupants. She hadn't gotten to know them yet but she hoped that the next couple of days would give her the opportunity to do so.

Posted Image
Dr. Beth Williams
Pixie Brannigan
Felicity Mendelssohn

abbey
Member Avatar
Deck Hand
The words most striking to Ayden were the following:

Depending on time allowed perhaps an infiltration, someone getting arrested on a petty crime with release by bail the next day. Then we could confirm if our objective is in the jail."

and

"Or one of the ladies masquerading as a female relative, visiting; or delivering a meal. Just so we can get an eye on the insides, see where our contact is, and what level of security exists. "

She looked over at Rex and bit her lower lip.

"If you had to get arrested, I would probably be the best bet. My father, should he hear of it would intervene because appearance is everything to him, but I'd rather not since I need to maintain some above board standing. We have our son to consider and getting him back would be harder if I suddenly got arrested for something," she said as she looked at Rex for back up. "But cooking a meal? That's right down my alley. Maybe some cookies or treats for the guards as well?"

She hoped Rex wasn't thinking of getting himself arrested. The same would pertain to him as well. Doing things under the radar was one thing. Making a paper trail for the feds? Something else altogether.
Posted Image

Clare
Member Avatar
Deck Hand
"Oh, if we decide to go down that course, I don't mind getting arrested," Felicity said in an offhand manner. "I can do a quite good Drunk and Disorderly, if I do say so myself" she continued in the same tone. The fact that it almost certainly wouldn't be an act wasn't something that she was prepared to mention, yet; it came under the heading of the wider taboo subject of her little drinking problem.

She smiled, though it didn't seem to quite make it as far as her eyes.

"And then coming and bailing me out aided and abetted by cookies or a cake sounds like a plan," she said, smiling properly at Ayden.

Posted Image
Dr. Beth Williams
Pixie Brannigan
Felicity Mendelssohn

MacTrom
Member Avatar
Harbormaster
[- skipping ahead... I just hope you people have a plan. :D -]

Galiano settled onto the dirt about a mile from the little village of Desperation on Newhall. William shut down the engines, and turned in the pilot seat. Felicity stood just behind, and the others were gathered in the common area, prepping for their encounter.

"Ok, we're here," William stated, rather matter of factly. It wasn't much, but after the short hop, at last they could complete their current assignment. "Everyone knows their job? Good. I'll stand by with the ship, ready for the go word for dustoff."

Clare
Member Avatar
Deck Hand
Satisfied that everyone knew their part, Felicity dressed down in jeans with a casual blouse and went in search of a ground car to convert. She was hoping for something flash and fast, especially the latter, being a particular weakness of hers. Of course it only needed to look fast but while Felicity wasn't going to say no to something fast she was't going to put the plan at risk by trying to steal something she didn't have a chance of getting into and hot-wiring. Better yet would be something that could be lifted by using the driver's carelessness; an unattended ground car with the keys left in the ignition.

Posted Image
Dr. Beth Williams
Pixie Brannigan
Felicity Mendelssohn

scoro
Member Avatar
A Reaver's Nightmare
Just settling into his new apartment, Thane Roy was already back in his routine. That was something prison did well, force routine. After decorating the place, which consisted of putting his toothbrush in the cup they gave him he was down on the floor pushing the world down.

”One. Two. Three. Four.” He counted aloud, breathing between each number. As he continued he heard the footsteps of the prison guard approaching. He was facing the metal bars as he did his sets so as the guard passed by he locked eyes with her and his count jumped.

”84. 85. 86. 87.” She smirked but offered no other response as she continued her patrol, he offered a wink as he finished up and got back to his feet wiping his hands even though the facility was quite clean. Moving closer to the bars he gripped two near the top and pulled himself up, holding the position, knees bent to mimic a flexed arm hang. He held the position for several minutes before lowering his feet back to the floor.

”Woo! That’s what I’m talkin’ about. Feel the burn baby. Ha ha!” The large convict ecstatically called out to nobody in particular. He paced the cell for a couple minutes before flopping down on the bed, arms folded behind his head. It would be lunch soon, his first at this facility which meant he’d be a target for the old guard of this place to try to establish themselves. He tried to picture who the first comer would be, maybe some overweight ruffian with a scraggily beard and neck tattoos, maybe some young buck trying to prove himself to one of the gangs. Whoever it was he would be ready, not that he wanted to fight but it came with the territory which Thane knew all too well. Was it too early to countdown the hours until he was a free man?

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Verse · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Skin orginally created by Tariq | Converted by Lewis of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone