Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Lost In Serenity. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!.

Newbie Guide 101.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Happy 'Versing everyone :)
Topic Started: Apr 16 2018, 03:53 AM (302 Views)
Arbiter
Member Avatar
Fürhrer
I was quite surprised and happy to read an email update from 'the old forums' in my inbox this morning. I just wanted to stop in to to say hello to everyone, and I hope you enjoy your time here.

I still look back fondly on the seasons of Lost in Serenity and Finding Serenity that I took part in. I was in my late teens and really enjoyed the opportunity to explore my creative writing side, which is most definitely not my area of comfort. But as you will all agree, there is something about the Firefly universe that evokes a need to tell fun stories, build characters and explore the 'Verse.

I love how this forum has continuously recreated itself. Stories would come to a natural close and users would come and go. At each turning point, just when it seemed that the site itself would come to a natural conclusion, the members came together to plan some really creative ways to keep the site running, keep people returning to the site, and draw in new fans of the show.

Looking back on the archives, I am amazed at how much posting went on, and the incredibly creative ways we approached story telling. One of my favourite story framing devices was the "Jobs" section (I think part of season 2?) where we would post "contracts" which formed a jumping off point for a new "episode". It was a great homage to the show itself.

This new pure free-form RP is a great idea to relaunch the site for those who still want to play. Less planning and communication between story posts is needed, and people can come in when they are able and cooperate to tell a fun story.

BIG THANKS to my fellow moderators and players from many years ago. This is definitely not a full list (sorry to those I missed) and probably a couple are the same person and I have forgotten:

loneviking, Ian Dugan, Caliope, Tristan Dustfoot, William Greene, Rolemancer, Glorianna, Lear_West, Trina, Anthony Ludovicci, Grav, Lupin, Benjamin, CaptainNickHunter, Tojoyama, Aries, JackWolfe, Argyle, PurpleRiver, Becker, scoro, Grav, ribsource, The_Samurai, Perko, Robyn, Boa, Tyson Hazard, browncoat_pinky, Gwinifred Reyes, Broderick, Kallimax, Harper, Ebony, Willy, Spartan

If I can figure out how to carve out some time in my life, I might start up a character again. It is a great distraction from "life". Until then, I look forward to lurking on the forums and reading the stories as they unfold.

Best wishes,
Arbiter (Sean McNeill - Ontario, Canada - proud LiSbian)
My Gorram Den
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grav
Member Avatar
Rednomore
It was a genuine pleasure to be in any thread narrated by you, even more so to then get the opportunity to staff with you. I'd have a very similar memory of LiS - late teens, a big creative release, a deep world filled with interesting characters in the RP and then lovely and fun people in the OOC. Some serious memories of every incarnation of this site, so here's to you and the many others that made those happy memories possible!
Stephen Tiberius
"Handsome" Harry Mallow
Travis "TK" Kamino
Col. Samuel Brock - XO Dreadnaught

I say potato, you say potatoe, he says roll plus six sword of Doom.

PMD14
Member Avatar
Lighthouse Keeper

Arbiter – I could barely believe my eyes, waking up to see you’d come and gone in the night to drop off little bundles of nostalgic joy. You’re the LiS santa.

Thanks for all you did in the early days, how you helped build this place into what it was. I still remember when I first showed up (as Tris D), having never touch an online writing style RP, let alone a fan-base like that of Firefly’s, and I had stars in my eyes whenever you’d pop into a thread. So wise.

I hope all is well with you friend, and that you do manage to find that slice of life to invest in this little gem. You’re part of the landscape here and you always will be.
CHARACTERS
Eli Harmon [Character Sheet]
Jimmy Chamberlain [Character Sheet]
STORIES
The Feeling's Mutual
[Elijah Harmon's War Story]
ASSETS
The Grey Reyne [Transport Ship]
The Grey Reyne [Deck Plans]
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jamie Cobb
Member Avatar
Sarge
*Grins* Howdy all. B)
Posted Image

*Co-creator, sister of Cobb*

PMD14
Member Avatar
Lighthouse Keeper

This little thread is now making me sick with glee
CHARACTERS
Eli Harmon [Character Sheet]
Jimmy Chamberlain [Character Sheet]
STORIES
The Feeling's Mutual
[Elijah Harmon's War Story]
ASSETS
The Grey Reyne [Transport Ship]
The Grey Reyne [Deck Plans]

Trina
Member Avatar
Queen of the Lost Chapters
Makes me feel tiny!
Trina White ~ Stitchwork
Carrie Bowman ~ As the Pieces Fall ~ Grey Reyne

Ahroro_Deltori
Member Avatar
Deck Hand
If I remember correctly Arbiter was one of the first Narrators I'd RP'd with. I think Ironhorn was another. x.x it's all been too long.
Kenji Akechi 19Feb06-09Jul06, Darien Dayshadow 27Jan06-01May06Flame 27Feb2006 - 23Apr2006,Daniel Perdue 06Feb2006 – 21Apr2006
Sail the Sky~With all my fears, and sorrows close. I'm hanging on, just hanging on.~~I wish that you were with me, to sail the sky Serenity.~~Then take me high, or take me low, then to the end where I may go.~~If I can stand then I shall pass. Pass beyond this night of black, pass beyond this night of black.~

Trina
Member Avatar
Yep... definitely feeling tiny! lol
Trina White ~ Stitchwork

scoro
Member Avatar
A Reaver's Nightmare
Lot of faces I haven't seen in years. I share your sentiments and your home province Arb!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Trina
Member Avatar
Big hugs to Scoro, just cause
Trina White ~ Stitchwork

MacTrom
Member Avatar
Harbormaster
Hey there. Not one of the early ones, but enjoyed my time here. Printed out my character sheets so I could catch up. Hope something is brewing so I can kick myself back in gear. Sometimes I have the extra time, and I know I do enjoy the creative context here.

To those that I've RPd with before, Hello Again. To others, welcome and salutations.
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow. Things should start to get interestin' right about now

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Jamie Cobb
Member Avatar
Sarge
It's been a while since I've seen one of these names again and it does bring a big stupid grin on my face. Some don't know me, some just know me by my reputation (trust me, it's all lies, except where I was a co-creator, that's true XD) and some I've had the pleasure of rping, on and off, for years. In those years, I'm made friendships that I still remember and treasure to this very day. Some of these friendships lead to creating a massive amount of different rp boards varying in ideas (Hellboy, Sons of Anarchy, Mob Families, Secret Agents, X-men, etc). Of course a lot of those were short lived boards pretty much kept alive by 5 or more members, but that's really who we created them for: US and if we met more people, than the more the merrier.

It's weird stumbling back to my old stomping grounds, so much has happened (in my writing life and my personal life). As some of you might remember, years ago (I wanna say 2011 or so) my house was broken into and my laptop was stolen. YEARS of work gone in one selfish act of burglary. Sure I had some backed up, but most were super early works, no where near where I was. It broke me. No. It shattered me. I can confidently say, I haven't been able to write the same since. My muse will act up once and a while and I'd join boards and I'd feel like my old self again, but then as quick as it came, POOF, it'd be gone. I remember one late night, staring at that teasing blinking cursor on my open Word document for hours and doing everything short of physically knocking my head against the wall. The words never flowed. Instead of posting saying I'd have to leave for a while and swallowing my pride and admitting the fact that I'd never be the writer I used to be, I just disappeared from boards (I'm sure many of you remember my disappearing acts as Talis coined I believe). For all those times people had to write me out or stories had to change because of this, I am truly sorry. I should have admitted I was having serious writer's block, but I couldn't admit it to myself, let alone any of you.

Seven years is a long time. A long time to heal. My fiance (boyfriend back at the time of the break in, he alone was the only reason I mentally survived that night) tries his best to encourage me to write when my muse lights back up again (even if it's rewriting some of my past stuff or fanfictions), knowing that writing is a big part of my life. Even if I don't pump out 20 pages a day like I use to. I'm sorry that this ended up longer than expected, but I felt it was time to get all of this out of my mind and accept the facts. I think with this new found mental positivity, I think I might give this another try and see what happens.

Hopefully see a lot of you out there,

Jamie Cobb
Co-creator/previous Admin of Season 1
Posted Image

*Co-creator, sister of Cobb*

Boa
Member Avatar
Any Last Words?
I can and cannot believe I am back here. This was always such a special little corner of my universe, and I am genuinely delighted to see this place active once again. The nostalgia is real.
Posted Image -Justice League RP.

Posted Image

Rolemancer
Member Avatar
Playin’ for Keeps
This is so awesome! Hugs to everyone! Maybe some crazy day we can all meet up at some crazy SerenityCon! :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm sorry if I'm a little excited but woo hooo we're back! I still have to re-make my character and all I'm looking forward to getting back into the LiS verse!
Quote Post Goto Top

Ahroro_Deltori
Member Avatar
Deck Hand
I'm glad the Signal was boosted :D
Kenji Akechi 19Feb06-09Jul06, Darien Dayshadow 27Jan06-01May06Flame 27Feb2006 - 23Apr2006,Daniel Perdue 06Feb2006 – 21Apr2006
Sail the Sky~With all my fears, and sorrows close. I'm hanging on, just hanging on.~~I wish that you were with me, to sail the sky Serenity.~~Then take me high, or take me low, then to the end where I may go.~~If I can stand then I shall pass. Pass beyond this night of black, pass beyond this night of black.~

loneviking
Member Avatar
Master of Disaster

DuelMcCall
Apr 21 2018, 03:34 AM
I'm sorry if I'm a little excited but woo hooo we're back! I still have to re-make my character and all I'm looking forward to getting back into the LiS verse!
Hello! Who did you play as before?

MacTrom
Member Avatar
Harbormaster
Any thoughts on bringing the ship registry from archives 3 up to the current postings?
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow. Things should start to get interestin' right about now

Deleted User
Deleted User

loneviking
Apr 21 2018, 11:07 AM
DuelMcCall
Apr 21 2018, 03:34 AM
Hello! Who did you play as before?
I played Sean McKellin "Sionnach" I also was a Narrator for a little while and ran part of a game for the Glory crew. Also, I wrote the descriptions of the planets that are still up on the site transcribed from the Serenity RPG book.
Quote Post Goto Top

Becker
Member Avatar
First Mate
He tried to kill me. He's one of the good ones.
Posted Image Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mess Hall · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Skin orginally created by Tariq | Converted by Lewis of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone