Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Lost In Serenity. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!.

Newbie Guide 101.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Stories Never End; Santos
Topic Started: Apr 14 2018, 01:36 AM (3,942 Views)
Becker
Member Avatar
First Mate
(OOC: Trina and I couldn't resist kicking up some old stories, but with all the visitors that come by we wanted to leave it open for any LiS member who wants to stretch out the legs of an old character. If you're so inclined, find your way to Santos and jump on in.)

Santos Clinic

The moment Michael heard Glory would be landing in Santos, he thought of one woman. He wasn't sure what to make of the thought. A happy memory? A sad reminder? All he knew was that it filled his brainspace and he couldn't shake it even if he wanted to. Mike had closed a few chapters of his life in the past year, and while closure was not always in tow with positive feelings, it did make him sound of mind. Questions could nag away, keeping him awake at night, wasting his energy. Santos provided the opportunity to answer a few questions or at least give him something to connect to. He had nothing of her.

Mike was subtle with his queries around town. How long have you lived here? Were you a round during the war? Ever heard of a clinic that operated back then? He was eventually directed to what still looked like a church on the outside but had been converted to a space that provided a more practical healing then any lord did. A Church. Why am I not surprised? Of course a girl with that kind of heart made her trade in a church. It was fitting.

Becker couldn't say what he intended to accomplish here. There was an lack of planning as well as a lack of expectations. He just wanted to see it. Maybe needed to see it. A part of her past was almost a part of her and that was a very appealing concept, one strong enough to make him enter what he assumed would be a room of strangers with no explanation.
Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Trina
Member Avatar
Queen of the Lost Chapters
The clinic was actually quiet today. Not like it had been during the war, but it left a lot of time for wondering. Trina sat at the small desk in her office, which doubled as her room now. Her mind wondered a lot of things lately. More often than not, she wondered where Glory had gone to ground. No one seemed to have heard from any of her crew. And with no word from Mike, she'd been forced to accept that her decision to leave had likely upset him enough that he'd simply moved on with his life.

Sighing heavily, she gathered her hair and put it up slowly. Her eyes looked towards the window. I wish you had at least responded to the letter.

Her hands dropped to her stomach. It wouldn't be long now she knew, but she also feared facing it alone.
Trina White ~ Stitchwork
Carrie Bowman ~ As the Pieces Fall ~ Grey Reyne
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Becker
Member Avatar
First Mate
Becker pushed on the front door and looked the empty room before him. He briefly considered the idea that the place had been abandoned, but it was in far too good condition to be out of use. And it was still a clinic. He could only guess at how much it had changed since the war, but he quietly suggested and the accepted the idea that this was how she left it.

This was her. One of the most defining moments of her life. This was as much her as Glory was him. And while it was here, he'd take it. It was nice to spend a prolonged period of time thinking about her. In a positive manner. All he could think about was how much good she must have done here. Lives saved, kindness paid. It was his favourite image of her.

He really liked this room. It reminded him of her. Times he had spent on the stretcher, and times she had spent on it. Not the happiest of memories but they were their memories, the moments that had made them grow closer. The moments that made them realise how much they cared for each other and show it. Mike shook his head and sighed as he tinkered with random items around the room. A glum smile held on his face as he let memories wash over him. He could get lost in it. He could be there.

He could also knock over a tray of medical implements as he attempted to fiddle with one. Metal crashed all across the floor and made him wince as he tried to make a catch before admitting defeat.

"Go se."

Trina
Member Avatar
A sudden, loud clattering of metal made Trina start, the memories of the recent past vanishing like a fog, and reminded her she was technically still on duty. Standing up slowly, she moved to the door, pausing just before the frame to adjust her medical coat. It really was a pointless attempt. The swell of her stomach had reached beyond the coats ability to cover it nearly a month ago.

Finally, she stepped out of her office and put on a pleasant smile. "Hello, how can I help y..." Her words died in her throat as she recognized Mike and a chill corkscrewed down her spine.

Trina knew she had to be dreaming. He couldn't really be here. He wouldn't. Unless... The healthy flush that had been on her cheeks paled a little and she retreated half a step. The smile on her lips faltered, transforming into a meek and silent plea of both forgiveness and sorrow.

All the times of wondering and now he stood inside her clinic. The one place she knew to retreat to in the hope that she could avoid injury or death for more than just herself. As quiet as things were here now, she'd done well in that regard. It wasn't just her safety that kept her from trying to reach him. He was too important to her to risk being used as bait in a trap.

Standing there completely mute, the realization came that she had no idea what to say. More than anything, she wanted to cross to him, to touch him and make absolutely certain she wasn't dreaming, yet again. She desperately wanted to believe that he was really and truly in front of her. It was not knowing where his heart stood on everything kept her rooted.

It took a huge amount of willpower to finally clear her throat. "I... I wasn't expecting you..." It was clearly an unnecessary statement, but it was all her voice would muster.
Trina White ~ Stitchwork

Becker
Member Avatar
First Mate
Michael knelt down to pick up the objects and spoke over her as she began. "I'm really sorry, I don't know wh..." Then realisation sunk into his eyes as well as he looked over. His throat clenched, trapping his air and voice within. It didn't even know what to feel in this moment, so he just stared blankly waiting for his brain to reset.

He reached out to indicate her. He couldn't complete the thoughts in his head verbally. "I didn't-" think you would be here. "You weren't-" supposed to be here. "This-" can't be real. He cleared his throat.

Mike bowed his head and began rubbing his eyes vigorously with his thumb and finger. He was clearing his head to make sure he hadn't truly lost. A deep breath later he looked back up and she was still there.

"So I'm not imagining this. You're really here." Mike had a notoriously bad memory, but Trina looked just how he remembered her. Beautiful and radiating her good spirit. A large part of him wanted to run over and hold her, take a long overdue taste of her lips. But with how things ended, it was safe to assume that wasn't the relationship they had anymore.

"I don't know what I'm doing here." He looked around the room, not feeling like he knew much of anything right now. He couldn't pinpoint the mix of emotions within him.

"And I thought you'd be harder to find for someone who ran away..."

Trina
Member Avatar
Becker
Apr 14 2018, 01:39 PM
"I don't know what I'm doing here. And I thought you'd be harder to find for someone who ran away..."
Trina swallowed hard before it finally registered that he hadn't known she would be here. Her brow furrowed. If he hadn't known she'd be here, then that meant... "Ai Yah Tien Ah... you never found the letter?" The chill that had gone down her spine now settled directly in the pit of her stomach. If the letter hadn't been found by him, he wouldn't have had a clue as to why she'd left and no way to know where to find her.

His not knowing why she'd left would, sooner rather than later, become clear. Somehow, she was more terrified of his reaction now than she could ever recall being afraid in her life before. Not even being shot scared her as much as she feared his reaction to discovering just how far along she was. With his child.

The shuddering breath that shook her body was made audible as a choked sob. Putting one hand up, she covered her mouth and tried to calm herself by breathing through her nose. Even so, the edges of her vision began to go blurry at the onset of tears.

"I'm sorry," she whispered from behind her hand. "I'm so sorry, Mike. I would have sent you a wave... but I heard the crew was wanted... I didn't... I didn't want to be a liability..."
Trina White ~ Stitchwork

Becker
Member Avatar
First Mate
This was a feeling he could comprehend. The hairs on the back of neck stood on his back as a wave of new understanding washed over him. This changed everything. All the feelings he had felt were based on the wrong story. All the thoughts that had swept through his head were redundant. The narrative his life had rolled on with since Trina left had been a falsehood.

"There was a letter?" Mike found himself moving across the room quickly. He couldn't assume what this meant, but he had formed a fantasy idea of what the letter said. There was unshakable hope in his core.

"Don't." He commanded as he reached her. It pained him to see her sad, especially when it was on his account. "I can see how it was... hard. I... I don't know everything, but I.. ."

He reached out for he hand and held it, another command to stop any tears. He had to question if he was still welcome to touch her.

"Gorram Trin, I've pictured seeing you so many times. None of those thoughts had you crying."

"Its all okay, just talk to me." He wanted it to be okay. Hoped.

Trina
Member Avatar
He still hadn't seen, hadn't noticed, but his entire demeanor seemed to have shifted to one she remembered fondly on late nights. The caring, kind soul who'd found his way into her heart in ways she hadn't imagined possible.

In a single blink, Mike was in front of her and had her hand in his. The fit of her hand in his was enough to cause her to close her eyes sending a tear rolling down one cheek. Her fingers curled tightly around his, to keep his hand from releasing hers.

Trina inhaled deeply through her nose, the hand over her mouth dropping away. Without opening her eyes, she drew his hand closer. There was a brief pause and her trembling intensified. Finally, she put his hand on her stomach. Her small hand laid atop his and beneath that, she felt the baby move, as if it knew.

"I knew you'd want us out of danger..." Trina finally opened her tear filled, pale blue eyes and looked up into Mike's face. Silently, she begged for him to understand, not only what she was telling him, but her reasons.
Trina White ~ Stitchwork

Becker
Member Avatar
First Mate
The narrative turned again. In a very unexpected direction.

Just when he was starting to grasp an understanding of matters, he was left stunned again by what Trina wanted to show him. He looked down at her bump, a point of interest that had managed to escape his attention until now. It was, once again, too much information to process.

He didn't want to let go, but he had to sit down. Mike took a few steps to the side and slumped onto a shelf that was just low enough for him and sturdy enough to take his weight. The energy had drained from his body.

"Are you sure you haven't just been comfort eating." A small idea of escape was appealing. "I'd still like you." He wasn't planning on running though, couldn't see himself running. Still, he wasn't sure what happened next.

"I don't..." He didn't know where to start. "We have a lot to talk about." He was still holding her hand. He didn't want to let her go. "I just maybe need a minute or... twenty."

Trina
Member Avatar
"I'm so sorry, Mike..."

As he all but fell against the nearest shelf, Trina instinctively reached out to catch him. A ridiculous notion given she'd never be able to catch him, but now she stood facing him, both hands on his chest. If nothing else, she could try to steady him.

Oh this is not how I wanted this to go...

Somewhere in the back of her mind, the responsible doctor in her kicked into gear. "Can you make it into the office? There's a chair in there you can sit on." It would give him something sturdy to rest on, but it would also give them some privacy. Given how much they had to talk about, they needed the privacy more now at the moment.

Without even realizing it, she gently began to try to get him upright. Her mind swam with the million possible questions he could ask. Trina only hoped she could manage to get out answers. He deserved that. And so much more than I've given you.
Trina White ~ Stitchwork

Becker
Member Avatar
First Mate
"I... I..." Still loopy, Mike was shaking his head as he gazed blankly forward. Thoughts wandered through his head before one set in place and he looked up to Trina with something that made sense to him. "I shouldn't have given up so easily. I should have come and found you." He locked eyes with her, almost waking out of his trance. "Trina... I'm sorry." Mike took both her hands. "I wouldn't have... If I'd known..."

He bowed his head a signed, a sense of shame setting in. Becker should have been there for Trina. And then there was everything he had done in Trina's absence based on an incomplete picture. Looking back now, he'd made bad decisions that were unfair on his friends. He shook his head.

"Gorram it. You're right. Let's talk." He straightened back up, now looking down on Trina. He was glad to be this close to her again. He felt her warmth. "I really have missed you Trina." After letting his heart skip a beat, he cleared his throat. They had a lot to discuss.

Trina
Member Avatar
Becker
Apr 14 2018, 11:52 PM
"I really have missed you Trina."
Everything he said brought Trina small, but insistent waves of relief, but it was his confessing to missing her that made her heart catch in her chest. It also brought on another wave of tears threatening to spill down her cheeks. This time they were accompanied by a visible relaxing of her shoulders. The tension at the encounter, though not completely gone, was mercifully lifted some by his confession.

Stepping back slightly, she gestured to the nearby door that she'd come out of. "Just here..." Her hand somehow found his and she turned towards the door, unintentionally showing her full profile. Leading him into the office, she stepped aside so she could close the door to allow them some privacy. They were going to need it.

The office was small, but clearly doubled as her room. The folding paper partition hadn't been put up and allowed him to see the bed and the small chest of drawers that contained everything she owned, save for the guitar. That well worn personal treasure was actually leaned against the wall near the head of the bed.

Trina pulled the chair from the desk out, indicating he should sit down even as she scooped up her cortex link. She crossed the few steps to the bed and all but dropped onto the edge. Taking a deep breath, she sent out a quick message. "Shepherd Matthews can cover the rest of the day..." The words were murmured, more of a thought spoken out loud than a real explanation.

Her face was a little more full than when he'd seen her last. Aside from the obvious physical changes, she looked almost more healthy than he'd seen her before. She'd heard and even seen the 'glow' of women who were with child, but she hadn't really seen it in herself. Yet there was still tension about her body. This was likely to be a very tough and uncomfortable conversation and she was mentally preparing herself for Mike to leave her.

I wouldn't even blame you.
Trina White ~ Stitchwork

Becker
Member Avatar
First Mate
Michael was easily led to her office/home. He also took in her figure and began working maths on how long it had been since they were with each other. Maths however was not his strong point and time bled together when he was on a boat in the black. A lot had happened, but Becker couldn't put a timescale on that.

Mike took in her room. Her home. He wondered what to make of it. Was she content here, or just holed up in a shack while she... well Mike knew not the reasons she was here. But Trina had clearly been here a while. "Cosy." He said, mustering up a weak smile. His joking self brought about some feeling of normality in a predicament far from the norm.

Becker was his same old self. Same old clothes for sure. But he was a little worn around the eyes. A little tired and a little wary. All in all a little lost since Trina had left.

Mike didn't take a seat. "You mind if I get straight to it." He asked as she finished with her cortex link. "Why'd you leave?" It was what his dying to know above everything else.

Trina
Member Avatar
Mike's joking brought a flicker of her old smile back. At least in that, he hadn't changed. He also hadn't changed in his directness. It was one of the many things she'd grown to appreciate... No... love is probably a better word for that... about him. They wouldn't be where they were now if she'd taken his approach when she'd left.

Trina grimaced a little as the child inside decided to stretch. Shifting, she slid back on the bed so she could rest her shoulders against the wall. It took a little more adjusting until she got comfortable enough to feel she could breathe properly.

"Mike, I..." she couldn't help but look down at herself, one hand moving to rest on the swell of her stomach. "I didn't think... I didn't want..." It was so hard to put into words and she hadn't trusted herself to explain it to him before. That was why she'd left him a letter. Now, the letter had clearly gone missed somehow and here they were sorting things out, face to face.

"I was told early on that I might not be able to have children. It's something that runs in my family history. I..." She faltered and looked up at Mike. "I should have been more careful when we were... when we were getting... um.. intimate. Precautions I should have taken. I didn't."

Here, her shame flooded back to her. She'd left, not even doing Mike the service of telling him, personally, just how terrified she was. How incredibly selfish she'd been in making the decision that affected them both. A new wave of tears began to fill her eyes and she looked down, at nothing in particular.

"I wrote a letter... left it on yo.. our... door... I'm not sure what happened to it. I was scared it would change how you felt. I was scared of losing... both of you." Pausing again, she took a deep breath and bit her lip. Looking to the window, to the sky outside, she let the breath out slowly, shakily.

"I considered... I considered ending this..." Confessing to being tempted to end the pregnancy wasn't something she'd told anyone and was afraid to even admit to herself. "But I'd already left because of it and when I didn't hear from you, I guess... I thought I'd lost you by leaving. So I kept the only thing that I knew would remind me of you and I did everything I knew to keep her safe."
Trina White ~ Stitchwork

Becker
Member Avatar
First Mate
Mike still cared for Trina so much that the sympathy for her was very strong. Her pain stung him harshly, to know she was suffering and he hadn't been there to help. He almost teared up as she opened up to him. It was a mix of difficult thoughts and unintentional mishaps that had pulled them apart for so long. If he had just seen the letter, if he had just managed to talk to her for a moment... Instead each of them were left alone, with only there internal monologues to do them harm.

He understood. He wished it could have gone differently. But he understood. Michael had his own moments of running away from difficult conversations too.

He crossed the small room to get closer to Trina. He was compelled to tell her something, and show her he really meant it. He put a hand on her cheek and turned her face towards his.

"It's my fault for not saying it before you left." It was hard to know the things one should say and when they were important to divulge. They were usually lessons learned in hindsight. "I would never have walked away from you. I would have always been there. Because I.."

"You were the most important thing to me out of everything I knew." And it was now that he truly recognised it and knew he should have told long before she had a chance to leave.

Trina
Member Avatar
Becker
Apr 15 2018, 01:34 AM
"You were the most important thing to me out of everything I knew."
The tears finally spilled over and ran down her cheeks. Trina couldn't keep her eyes open as the relief soothed the months long agony of not knowing. Her face leaned into his hand, his touch as much a balm for the ache as anything he could have said. She reached up, one hand laying atop his on her cheek, holding it closer. The other reached to touch him and found his free hand.

"I'm not dreaming? Tell me I'm not dreaming..."

More than once, she dreamed of his coming to find her. Each time, they had ended horribly and the look of disgust on his face in her dreams had haunted her waking hours. So much so that her help at the clinic had insisted on giving her something to help her sleep. Never had they felt so real and warm as this though. It felt like the nights they'd shared on Glory, before she'd left.

"Forgive me... I robbed you of so much by leaving."
Trina White ~ Stitchwork

Becker
Member Avatar
First Mate
"It's not a dream until a talking dog walks in on its hind legs." Mike wanted to see her smile. For a moment that had both longed for there was a lot of waterworks. He smiled warmly, feeling reciprocation in her words and body language.

If Mike could have her back he could easily forgive. Plus he was the kind of person to heap blame on himself wherever he could. Losing Trina had derailed him somewhat, but they were all decisions he'd made. And when he'd really found the time, while not being a big believer in fate as such, he could see it all as bringing him back to her.

"But now I've found you." He couldn't resist, he leaned forward and placed his lips on her for the first time in what felt like an eternity. A soft kiss that satisfied his very core before he pulled away. "Let's figure it out from there."

Trina
Member Avatar
Mike's joke had the desired effect and a soft laugh escaped her. It felt good. It had been far too long since they had even talked, much less laughed together. He'd always had a way about him, one that had always put her at ease, even when she was at her most nervous. Or her worst.

The kiss was everything she remembered and more. If she had any doubts about his still wanting her, the soft brush of his lips caused it to die. It was exactly like the very first kiss he'd surprised her with, and the memory of it was crystal clear in her mind. Even though he pulled back, she felt close and safe. Like she always had with him.

There was a long silence between them. A comfortable quiet. She still wasn't sure how he felt about everything, specifically the baby, but for now, she was content just to have him next to her. A quiet thought filtered up.

"Are you here on your own?" She didn't want to speak the name of the ship, just in case. She hadn't looked recently to find out whether or not Glory had resurfaced or if they were even out of hot water. Even if he had come on Glory, there was no way she could leave with him. Not until after she'd had the baby.
Trina White ~ Stitchwork

Becker
Member Avatar
First Mate
Mike liked the question. It felt like a normal conversation them. Like nothing had happened. "Here. Yes. But Glory is docked just out of town. We're on a little downtime because of 'you know why.'" There was just a hint of sourness in Becker's voice. This was certainly detectable in a man who when she'd last seen him was quick to sing high praises for the ship and its crew.

Becker looked down, his eyes trailing down to Trina's bump. Here he was putting stress on a pregnant woman. "Let's sit." He pointed towards the bed. "Like old times." With a little smile and a hand on her waist, he guided her over and took a seat beside her. A hand found itself resting on her lower back, gently caressing her with his fingers.

"This changes everything, huh?" He couldn't know what she was thinking but Trina was right. Mike couldn't see himself jumping back aboard Glory anytime soon with all things considered.

Trina
Member Avatar
Settling beside him, Trina still wondered if she might be dreaming. She leaned against him, simply enjoying the nearness of him. The idea that he didn't seem to be shying away from the rather large changes ahead of them gave her a huge amount of comfort.

"It does change everything. Now you know why I was afraid to stay. I didn't want you to worry about something happening on the ship. She does tend to attract... trouble."

Her mind had been so occupied with the revelation of the pregnancy that she couldn't remember all of the details that caused Glory to go to ground. If they were still hiding, then it must have been pretty bad.

"Forgive me, but my mind was a little preoccupied around the time of my leaving. What exactly happened?"
Trina White ~ Stitchwork

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Ballad of Serenity · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Skin orginally created by Tariq | Converted by Lewis of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone