Welcome to Leo Tigris Elite. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Please Join Today!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Who will prevail?
1. Bengal/Siberian Tiger 5 (38.5%)
2. Cape Buffalo 7 (53.8%)
3. 50-50 1 (7.7%)
Total Votes: 13
Bengal/Siberian Tiger vs. Cape Buffalo:; Un-Natural Matchup
Topic Started: Jul 28 2007, 08:15 AM (1,330 Views)
Royal_Leo
Member Avatar
Prince Royal

The tiger is close to 10% larger than the lion and is equipped with larger canines. It also has been known to take full grown bull gaur which is larger than a cape buffalo. But that is somewhat rare, so who wins?

Tiger: (Panthera Tigris)
Length: 4.5-8.25 ft
Tail: 23.5-43in
Weight: 220-600lb
Social Unit: Solitary

Posted Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
African Buffalo: (Syncerus caffer)
Length: 7.5-11ft
Tail: 30-43in
Weight: 800-2,000lb
Social Unit: Group

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KillerLeo
Member Avatar
Majestic Beast Of Africa

Head on the tiger or lion stands NO-CHANCE. Lions hunt cape buffalos in prides not alone.

Posted Image

Combative Animals (Click here)

Royal_Leo
Member Avatar
Prince Royal

Well who says the tiger would attack head on? More than likely the tiger would attack from the back.
Posted Image

KillerLeo
Member Avatar
Majestic Beast Of Africa

I still favor the buffalo. Lions hunt buffalos in prides. The only way tiger can win if they co-operated (which is impossibe)

Posted Image

Royal_Leo
Member Avatar
Prince Royal

Yeah me to, but the tiger still has a chance. They have killed the larger gaur alone so why not a cape buffalo?
Posted Image

siberianfury
Member Avatar
the shadow stalker....

Head on the tiger will loose 100% of the time, if the tiger makes an ambush it will win 40% of the time, and the other 60% of the time it will just run away.
Posted Image

spiral out, keep going!

LionsHeart
Member Avatar

Because there is an advantage for them. Ambush. But we shouldn't say that ''what if the Bull didn't back off for a second'' because i do think it would, because i've seen Lions and Buffalos play Cat and Mouse, i think that even the baddest Bovid would get intimidated by a bluff attack with a loud roar a few times. And those few times, the Tiger has a chance. Other than that, maybe. But i'll go for the Cape Buffalo,
Posted Image[MOOD]angry[/MOOD]

Ursus arctos
Member Avatar

Credit goes to Vita:
Posted Image

lionking
Member Avatar
lions

I've never seen a pic of a tiger killing a big male gaur

sagger

The "Super" Lions which live on an Island in the Okanvango kill buffalos alone.
Both Males and Females do it and they don't really ambush them they run them down like other lions do to Wildebeest so if lions do it so could a brave and experienced Tiger.

Dark Lion
Member Avatar

Cape buffalo. With the buffalo fully aware of the tigers presense and willingness to engage, the tiger doesnt have many other options besides taking the buffalo head on, as if the tiger tries to go around, the buffalo simply turns to face him. I don't see how the tiger can penetrate this defence. Not very often anyway.
Posted Image
Thanks Mo!

Great new forum: Combative Animals[MOOD]bored[/MOOD]

Royal_Leo
Member Avatar
Prince Royal

The Cape Buffalo should win, but I can see the tiger winning some matches here. Some of the largest Gaur in India have been killed by tigers. The tiger has to attack from the back to have any real chance IMO.
Posted Image

KillerLeo
Member Avatar
Majestic Beast Of Africa

cape buffalo 10/10 head on

Posted Image

łliger1990
Member Avatar

cape buffalo would win but i saw few male lions that killed cape buffalos on their one so the tiger should do it as well

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Inter-species Conflict · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme by Sith of the ZBTZ and Outline