Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Hotaru no Hishou. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Planet of Angels; first Mission
Topic Started: 5 Nov 2010, 17:25 (4,663 Views)
Vong
Member Avatar
Council of Darkness
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Watch this first.

Many Jedi have worked hard to get the Ossus project working. The project has turned out to be a success and the planet has been healing from its scars. Most of the extra Jedi have been dispatched across the galaxy to help with the healing efforts.

Due to Master Varesz affinity to nature and natural construction, he was tasked with leading the restoration efforts. They have been proceeding well, Tangrail's attention to detail much of the restoration has almost identically resembled the original architecture.

Master Skywalker has called Master Veresz and his two padawan's to the council chamber on Ossus.

The trio make their way to the chamber as requested. As they enter Master Skywalker turns and smiles. "Master Veresz, good to see you. I trust your work is progressing smoothly?". To the two padawans his presence is very large, but at the same time not oppressing. It is very soothing to be in the room with him, it lifts your spirits instantly. Master Veresz can sense a bit more to it, an added weight that he attempts to hide. The leader of the Jedi order feels that he must hold everyone on his shoulders. It is a large weight, but he seems to be carrying it well enough.

"Master Skywalker, it is always an honour. Even in these pressing times, we can always find the time to answer your call. Work is progressing amiably. What can we do for you?" replies Master Veresz

"Good" Master Skywalker responds "I have just received some unfortunate news. It would seem that there is a band of pirates operating on the Perlemian Trade Route, and many supplies are not reaching their destination out here in the rim. I need you to take your padawas and get to the bottom of this. They are endangering the Ossus project, as well as lives of many refugees just setting up new settlements. We cannot allow this to undo all that we have been working for, this is why I have chosen you to solve this problem. Do you think you are up to the task?" he asks.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ankhanu
Member Avatar
Dark Lord
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Of course, Master Skywalker. The pirates will be dealt with immediately. Rebuilding can proceed without our supervision for a time, and we will ensure we do not neglect checking in as we work."

Tan looks away for a moment, "What do we know of the pirates?"
In Real Life , people who aim to maximize their potential for lethality are called "dangerous psychotics" and are typically avoided by everyone who isn't forced to endure their company until someone has the opportunity to put them away or else put them down. No one likes that guy. Don't play that guy.

Donate to Ankhanu Press

Vong
Member Avatar
Council of Darkness
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"An ex-imperial calling himself "Herold of the Old Age" has been targetting New Republic convoys only." Skywalker responds "Most hits occurring just outside Centares. He always leaves a message in the ships he pillages"

He presses a button on his chair and a holo of a man begins playing

Posted Image

"I am Imperial Grand Moff Victor Zayelt. I am the Herold of the Old Age. Bow before the might of the Empire, or crumble at its feet."

The image turns off and Master Skywalker continues "That is all that it says. We know the empire does not officially sanction this mans actions, so we are considering him a pirate. Unofficially, I want you to look for ties to the Empire. We need to find out if the Empire is trying to go back on their treaty, or this man is really rogue."

He pauses to wait if there are any further questions.

Kelyndra
Member Avatar
Dark Mistress
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"An ex-Imperial fanatic that even the Imperials don't want on their team.... sounds great!" E'lhora unconsciously fingers the hilt of her saber for a second as she asks, "Master Skywalker, do we know what kind of firepower we're looking at here? What does Zayelt have for a fleet compliment? I can't imagine any ex-Grand Moff roaming about the galaxy with only one ship."
Posted Image

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength, through strength I gain power, through power I gain victory, through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.

Neraeos
Member Avatar
Council of Darkness
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Goran Toldreyn stiffly salutes, then speaks in a measured tone, "The Empire will not renege on the treaty, Master. We will catch this pirate."

Ankhanu
Member Avatar
Dark Lord
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tan listens to the hole, Master Skywalker and his students. When Goran comments he nods, "This does seem out of character for the Remnant. If nothing else, the Empire is proud, hit and run piracy tactics are not in their modus operandi." He looks between his students and Master Skywalker, "We will, of course, get to the bottom of this, Master Skywalker."
In Real Life , people who aim to maximize their potential for lethality are called "dangerous psychotics" and are typically avoided by everyone who isn't forced to endure their company until someone has the opportunity to put them away or else put them down. No one likes that guy. Don't play that guy.

Donate to Ankhanu Press

Vong
Member Avatar
Council of Darkness
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Grand Master looks at E'lhora first and says "Good question. As far as we can tell he has no capitol ships in his fleet. He mainly uses freighters and fighters to disable and quickly overwhelm any support vessels. Quick and decisive strikes, and out just as quickly. What he cant steal he destroys."

He then looks to Goran and says "Recall, your loyalties are to the Jedi first and foremost. Follow your feelings to the truth, wherever it may lead. Keep your mind open to all possibilities."

He then turns to Tan and says "The Empire may be proud, but they are not as strong as they once used to be. He may be resorting to tactics used by the Rebellion as he is closer to such a situation that we used to be" the voice of experience adding weight to his words.

He bows to Tan in return and says "And with you Master. If there is nothing else?" he asks the group.

Ankhanu
Member Avatar
Dark Lord
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tan bows to Luke, "I've more questions, but will ask them elsewhere, you've much on your shoulders, Grand Master." Tan gives Luke a slight grin. "We will find transport and gather intelligence and figure this out, you need not worry, sir."

Tan turns to walk out, pausing and speaking over his shoulder before leaving, "May the Force be with you, Grand Master."

Donate to Ankhanu Press

Vong
Member Avatar
Council of Darkness
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You notice an almost imperceptible flinch at your words, but he simply smiles and says "Thank you." He sits down in front of the main window, closes his eyes and opens himself up to the Force.

Ankhanu
Member Avatar
Dark Lord
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As he exits, Tans expression turns serious and he walks in silence towards the hangars.

Donate to Ankhanu Press

Neraeos
Member Avatar
Council of Darkness
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Goran follows, a step behind and to Tan's left.

He says to Tan, "We could hide away in the cargo hold of an automated supply ship. If the pirates take the ship, we could be spirited directly to their lair. That gambles on them taking our exact transport, however."

Kelyndra
Member Avatar
Dark Mistress
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
E'lhora leaves the room as well, falling in to step next to Goran.

Listening to her fellow padawan's idea, E'lhora speaks up: "Well, then we need to make sure the bait is enticing enough to draw Zayelt to it. We might be able to start some rumours regarding what our little supply ship might be carrying."
Posted Image

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength, through strength I gain power, through power I gain victory, through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.

Ankhanu
Member Avatar
Dark Lord
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tan is pulled from his reverie by his students. Releasing his concerns for the Grand Master, Tan comes back to the present situation. He stops walking and turns to his students, "This plan has merit, we'll look into it as a serious option." he looks to E'lhora, "Look into the targets of Zayelt's attacks to date. Determine if there is a pattern to what he chooses to hit, we can develop a prime target based on his prior efforts."

He looks to Goran, "Reach to your contacts back home, see what you can discover about Zayelt. Be discrete, and only contact those who can likewise be discrete."

Tan waits for his students to raise more questions or ideas, or to make their way on their tasks.

Donate to Ankhanu Press

Neraeos
Member Avatar
Council of Darkness
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Goran bows slightly at the waist, then turns formally on his heel and leaves to perform his duty.

Kelyndra
Member Avatar
Dark Mistress
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
E'lhora inclines her head slightly. "Yes, Master." With that, she heads off to find the nearest computer terminal. Once there, she does a search on what ships have been scheduled to land in Ossus and didn't make it. After making a list of the ships, she plans to see if she can pull up their cargo and see if any one thing is common among them.
Posted Image

Vong
Member Avatar
Council of Darkness
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kelyndra
Nov 19 2010, 07:06 PM
E'lhora inclines her head slightly. "Yes, Master." With that, she heads off to find the nearest computer terminal. Once there, she does a search on what ships have been scheduled to land in Ossus and didn't make it. After making a list of the ships, she plans to see if she can pull up their cargo and see if any one thing is common among them.

E'lhora makes her way to the library and pulls up a terminal. All Jedi are allowed access to shipping manifests so it is easy pulling it up. She gets a list of 8 convoys that didnt make it to Ossus. Half of the shipments are for food and liquids. One had Bacta on it. The other 3 were parts for the Ossus project.

Kelyndra
Member Avatar
Dark Mistress
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Focusing on the 3 ships carrying supplies for the Ossus project, E'lhora attempts to bring up a more detailed list, looking for things like ores, minerals, or other things that might fetch a great price in the galaxy. The bacta is valuable, for sure. But since only one ship out of the eight was carrying it, chances are it was only a fluke that Zayelt ended up with it.
Posted Image

Vong
Member Avatar
Council of Darkness
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kelyndra
Nov 19 2010, 07:37 PM
Focusing on the 3 ships carrying supplies for the Ossus project, E'lhora attempts to bring up a more detailed list, looking for things like ores, minerals, or other things that might fetch a great price in the galaxy. The bacta is valuable, for sure. But since only one ship out of the eight was carrying it, chances are it was only a fluke that Zayelt ended up with it.

There are various minerals, and machinery. Nothing that would fetch a great price on the open market. But these were all items that were of importance to republic planets...

Neraeos
Member Avatar
Council of Darkness
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Goran went to his quarters, composed himself serenely, and called upon his father, Osric Toldreyn. His father was now a colonel of marines in the Imperial Remnant. He told his father of the "Herald of the Old Age", and how it has been targetting New Republic convoys. He explained to his father that he understood that the Empire would not be behind such attacks, and that it would be in the Empire's best interests for his father to help him stop the pirate for good. He asked Osric if he had any intelligence on the whereabouts of the pirate that he may be willing to impart to Goran.

Following this, he asked about his mother and the rest of his family, how his father was, and other such domestic matters.

Vong
Member Avatar
Council of Darkness
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Neraeos
Nov 19 2010, 08:01 PM
Goran went to his quarters, composed himself serenely, and called upon his father, Osric Toldreyn. His father was now a colonel of marines in the Imperial Remnant. He told his father of the "Herald of the Old Age", and how it has been targetting New Republic convoys. He explained to his father that he understood that the Empire would not be behind such attacks, and that it would be in the Empire's best interests for his father to help him stop the pirate for good. He asked Osric if he had any intelligence on the whereabouts of the pirate that he may be willing to impart to Goran.

Following this, he asked about his mother and the rest of his family, how his father was, and other such domestic matters.

Goran's father is pleased to see him and welcomes the call. He says he has heard of this "Herald" and the orders are to capture on sight. He does note that as long as the man avoids Imperial space, he would not be bothered by the Imperial Navy. He does not have any intelligence on the man, but he says that he would look into it for you.

He asks when you are going to achieve Knighthood as there are many in the Empire that are waiting for you to come home to lead their forces. He notes how proud of you he is himself as well.

He lets you know that domestic matters are as they always have been, no major changes. Except they are expected to be posted once again within the next year. He is not sure where yet, but it will be to serve the Empire so he is not concerned with that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Force is Strong with this one · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone