Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Free Thinkers!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
music; scales/modes
Topic Started: Jan 19 2008, 03:03 PM (736 Views)
Glog
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
WIO, I heard you mention the modes in your interview.

Would these be the original church modes ? Or like the jazz modes?

What about the Ut, Re, Mi - like Horowitz mentions in his books (Guido of Arezzo) ? Are the modes certain frequencies or intervallic relationships ?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wiolawa
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
IN our western scale system... we have what is called the modal scales.. as well as major and minor.. which are usually the ones used

the scales that can be used are normal, harmonic, melodica, major and minor..

however, the major and minor = major symmetrical music.( TWO TETRACHORDS ALIKE in interval structure ) . MAJOR CHORD( THAT MEANS MAJOR CHORD) is 5th degree in both major and minor.. that means no REAL MINOR as they are the same tetrachord as in MAJOR .. since that is the major chord in the music used.. uc.. the piccardy third was raised in the GERMAN MANHEIM SCHOOL and therefore bastardized the minor..so that the major chord in minor scale is MAJOR!!!! AGAIN.. ( i explain this elsewhere it is a little hard to understand if you dont know music theory and i didnt go into all the explanation.. )

what GURDJIEFF CALLED no sorrow in our music.. OBJECTIVE SORROW>> has been taken out..
and
ofcourse the MODAL SCALES.. too.. for the most part.. GONE GONE GONE..

and yes, these are some of the missing scales and melodies HOROWITZ is talking about.. and why they deleted the GREGORIAN CHANT.. which did have some.. just some..

however, i repeat in your normal TV AND RADIO MUSIC U NEVER GET TO HEAR ANY ASYMMETRICAL MUSIC...which is always REAL MINOR.. hope this helps..

ah ho WIOLAWA

ferzatsyu
Unregistered

A romanyan musician who belonged to a sect ( I guess "jehova' s witnesses"...)
droped once an interestin' ( maybe 1000 points...0 info durin' a tv -talk show:
since da XIX-th century, da sound 's been "sold" to satan
hmmm...

http://www.illuminati-news.com/art-and-mc/...and-crowley.htm
http://www.truthvid.com/video/satanism.php

& many more, by typing "music satanism" in "google" ...
GOD bless
Quote Post Goto Top

Glog
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
When you say asymmetrical, u mean like a whole tone scale?

I remember reading about the Beatles and that their music got changed after Paul's car crash when he got replaced with the clone. I guess if you analyze the music from before and after you would be able to see the differences in harmonies etc.

The modes we use today are different than the Gregorian scales, correct?

Major is Ionian and minor Aeolian, yeah ?

Petunia
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Wiolawa
Jan 19 2008, 10:31 PM
IN our western scale system... we have what is called the modal scales.. as well as major and minor.. which are usually the ones used

the scales that can be used are normal, harmonic, melodica, major and minor..

however, the major and minor = major symmetrical music.( TWO TETRACHORDS ALIKE in interval structure ) . MAJOR CHORD( THAT MEANS MAJOR CHORD) is 5th degree in both major and minor.. that means no REAL MINOR as they are the same tetrachord as in MAJOR .. since that is the major chord in the music used.. uc.. the piccardy third was raised in the GERMAN MANHEIM SCHOOL and therefore bastardized the minor..so that the major chord in minor scale is MAJOR!!!! AGAIN.. ( i explain this elsewhere it is a little hard to understand if you dont know music theory and i didnt go into all the explanation.. )

what GURDJIEFF CALLED no sorrow in our music.. OBJECTIVE SORROW>> has been taken out..
and
ofcourse the MODAL SCALES.. too.. for the most part.. GONE GONE GONE..

and yes, these are some of the missing scales and melodies HOROWITZ is talking about.. and why they deleted the GREGORIAN CHANT.. which did have some.. just some..

however, i repeat in your normal TV AND RADIO MUSIC U NEVER GET TO HEAR ANY ASYMMETRICAL MUSIC...which is always REAL MINOR.. hope this helps..

ah ho WIOLAWA

Wio, can you recommend specific Gregorian chants to listen to, or are all of them worthy? I bought "A Treasury of Gregorian Chants," which is a 4 lp album set, new off of ebay a few years ago. Listening to some of it now.

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Cooper Blue created by SlyCooperFan1 from Outline & ZNR