Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home Active Topics Post Alert!
GoodGamery Forums - Our friend and ally in these dark times
MTGRobot Front Page: Monica Mage by Juri | Dr. Pepper by Daar
Add Reply
Movie Thread; Because the other one's broken
Topic Started: Dec 9 2013, 08:37 AM (5,935 Views)
Suenteus Po
Member Avatar
Seed Pokemon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I just learned that there's an extended edition of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey". There's somehow 13 minutes that got cut from the theatrical version, which is hard to believe.

The deleted scenes include two songs, one sung by the Goblin King, a scene with naked dwarf ass, and a scene where the punchline is one of the dwarves is attracted to an elf before he realizes that it's a dude-elf lol

I am 100% going to see "Desolation of Smaug" and I hate myself for it.
My first thought was Joan of Arc but she would not have a wind sword she would have a fire sword <___<
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

HumpyWumpy
Member Avatar
Kinkshame Police
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I mean, they're very pretty if nothing else
Arti: i have some questions
Arti: like reality is supposed to be this real thing and there's like
Arti: laws to this universe and stuff and then a guy just
Arti: eats an airplane
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Locus Cosecant
Member Avatar
The King Kong of Ping Pong.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
They should have kept the songs and cut out about 80% of the fight scenes.
Learn to recognize me by this sig, because my avatar is subject to change.

Suenteus Po
Member Avatar
Seed Pokemon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is the only movie I've left in the middle of to buy popcorn, because I was hungry. This was over an hour into the movie. I had over an hour to finish my popcorn still.

I normally won't even get up to use the bathroom during movies; I figure if I've paid to see the thing I can maintain myself until the credits.
My first thought was Joan of Arc but she would not have a wind sword she would have a fire sword <___<

Fry Guy
Member Avatar

[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to spend the entirety of the 2nd movie getting popcorn and maybe make it back to see how it turns out in the 3rd.

YossarianLives
Member Avatar
bros b 4 hos
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The hobbit was a movie I enjoyed because it is visually very nice and interesting, but dislike the further I get away from it.

YossarianLives
Member Avatar
bros b 4 hos
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In particular, I am super fucking pissed that Orlando bloom and liv Tyler are in the new one.

HumpyWumpy
Member Avatar
Kinkshame Police
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Drunkblog more bad movies pls

Suenteus Po
Member Avatar
Seed Pokemon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
YossarianLives
Dec 9 2013, 09:49 PM
In particular, I am super fucking pissed that Orlando bloom and liv Tyler are in the new one.
Yeah, I know nothing about this movie except 1) there are elves in the poster for some reason and 2) the first movie covered what took 45 minutes in the Rankin/Bass cartoon, so we're getting two movies for the last half-hour of that.

My current theory is that the third movie is the battle of five armies. Nothing else. Just two hours of something Bilbo didn't even see most of.

haplo
Member Avatar
Forum Elf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm still sad about Tom Bombadil

Suenteus Po
Member Avatar
Seed Pokemon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
YossarianLives
Dec 9 2013, 09:48 PM
The hobbit was a movie I enjoyed because it is visually very nice and interesting, but dislike the further I get away from it.
I think I would've loved one 2-3 hour Hobbit movie. Stretching it out like this is just killing it.

YossarianLives
Member Avatar
bros b 4 hos
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
HumpyWumpy
Dec 9 2013, 09:50 PM
Drunkblog more bad movies pls
I've been wanting to! Haven't had much time

YossarianLives
Member Avatar
bros b 4 hos
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Suenteus Po
Dec 9 2013, 09:54 PM
YossarianLives
Dec 9 2013, 09:48 PM
I think I would've loved one 2-3 hour Hobbit movie. Stretching it out like this is just killing it.
Yeah, this.

arty
Member Avatar
Horse Enthusiast
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to see two because Stephen Colbert has a cameo in it. That's as good a reason as any other.

arty
Member Avatar
Horse Enthusiast
[ *  *  *  * ]
arty
Dec 9 2013, 10:22 PM
Stephen Colbert
who beat the lord of the ring expert in a game of lord of the ring trivia

HumpyWumpy
Member Avatar
Kinkshame Police
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
arty
Stephen Colbert has a cameo in it.
what

Fry Guy
Member Avatar

[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I mean, I can understand the idea of grak's "omg no I want more of anything, even boring poorly paced stuff" feelings about the movie but I'm worried PJ is just going to descend into the "MOAR EPIC STUFF" that makes it feel less compelling/interesting and more like a giant set piece instead of a story.

I hope I'm wrong.

Suenteus Po
Member Avatar
Seed Pokemon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
HumpyWumpy
Dec 9 2013, 10:26 PM
arty
Stephen Colbert has a cameo in it.
what
Colbert is a super-hardcore LotR fanboy. He's such a fan that he initially didn't want the character he plays on TV to be a LotR fan, because LotR is so important to him personally.

His interviews with LotR cast members are always great. He basically just asked Ian McKellen Gandalf trivia for several minutes, most of which McKellen didn't even *understand*, let alone know the answer to. (Do you know which of the vaiar Gandalf was closest to before coming to Arda? Ian McKellen didn't know what some of those words meant.)

I lost like two hours last night reading about dwarf lore on a LotR wiki; the series is still amazing. It sucks that "Desolation of Smaug" will almost certainly have a 20-minute-long sequence where people ride in barrels down waterfalls and shit.

arty
Member Avatar
Horse Enthusiast
[ *  *  *  * ]
HumpyWumpy
what
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDzFFT1xNHM[/youtube]

:owned:

Suenteus Po
Member Avatar
Seed Pokemon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
On other movie news: This Christmas is actually pretty solid-looking for movies imo; there are seven things I want to see if I can find the time:

Frozen
The Long Walk (or whatever the Mandella biopic is called, I am too lazy to doublecheck this but Idris Elba is a good actor)
Her (Spike Jonze, I don't care that the premise seems to be "Romcom, but with Siri")
American Hustle
Anchorman 2: More Of That
Saving Mr. Banks (This could be garbage, but I enjoyed the trailer and it's an easy way to kill time with family)
motherfucking shitcock Hobbit 2: We Probably Don't Even Kill Smaug In This Even Though It Lasts Four Hours (this better not be like "Attack of the Clones" all over again, I told myself that it was reviewing better than "The Phantom Menace" and I should try to enjoy it, then fucking R2-D2 has jet boots and "cancer sticks" and I LIKE SAND death to Lucas)

Fuck, I want to get "Desolation of Smaug" over with so I can be angry at it concretely instead of abstractly.

Suenteus Po
Member Avatar
Seed Pokemon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
arty
Dec 10 2013, 12:38 AM
HumpyWumpy
what
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDzFFT1xNHM[/youtube]

:owned:
Fuck, I couldn't even remember the NAME "valar" ITT. I crossed it with "maiar", which is what Gandalf and the Balrog are. OTL

arty
Member Avatar
Horse Enthusiast
[ *  *  *  * ]
Saving Ms Banks will be good. The Cohen's brothers new movie will be good, and should be out around Christmas, or already out, if you're lucky enough. I'd like to see Nebraska, but that getting released around here seems unfortunately unlikely. The Wolf of Wall Street will be good because DiCaprio and Scorcesse. 47 Ronin will probably be good because Keanu Reeves is secretly really fucking talented, and very good at being in good things. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty isn't doing too well, reviews-wise, which is too bad, but we'll always have the excellent trailer.

Frozen was great and everyone should see it

arty
Member Avatar
Horse Enthusiast
[ *  *  *  * ]
I suggested everyone should see Paranorman which didn't happen, and, alright, maybe stop motion isn't your thing, but Frozen is cgi, and Disney. You're not taking much of a gamble there. Sure, Coraline and, uh, Corpse Bride are only alright, but Tangled and Wreck it Ralph are good. Frozen is better

Suenteus Po
Member Avatar
Seed Pokemon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
arty
Dec 10 2013, 12:45 AM
Saving Ms Banks will be good. The Cohen's brothers new movie will be good, and should be out around Christmas, or already out, if you're lucky enough.
Ehh, they haven't been so great lately. "Burn After Reading" was super-forgettable, and the "True Grit" remake was solid, but less interesting than the original. (I got more pleasure from the hanging scene in the original than anything in the well-polished Coen version.) I didn't hear good things about "A Serious Man", and apparently last year they made a movie that got a 19% Rotten Tomatoes score and only got released in Brittain?

"No Country for Old Men" was really good, but I think their best days may be behind them.

Suenteus Po
Member Avatar
Seed Pokemon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
47 Ronin looks like it has a neat visual style from the trailers, but I suspect the actual movie around it will be garbage. And it irritates me to see a white guy as the lead in an asian movie full of asian supporting actors, playing an asian guy. It was one thing when the white guy was Tom Cruise, but Keanu Reeves?

haplo
Member Avatar
Forum Elf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Suenteus Po
Dec 10 2013, 12:56 AM
47 Ronin looks like it has a neat visual style from the trailers, but I suspect the actual movie around it will be garbage. And it irritates me to see a white guy as the lead in an asian movie full of asian supporting actors, playing an asian guy. It was one thing when the white guy was Tom Cruise, but Keanu Reeves?
I, too, was reminded of The Last Samurai when I saw a trailer.

Bela
Member Avatar
Forum Elf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i thought a serious man was great
How can I explain? I need you here, and not here too.

Fry Guy
Member Avatar

[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Frozen was okay.

But in fairness I am not terribly impressed with Glee girl's singing voice. It's really generic.

CoolCab
Member Avatar
Forever and ever, for a hundred years, Rick and Morty's...things. Me and Rick and Morty
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Coen's True Grit was a lot more faithful to the book, in which Rooster Cogburn wasn't actually the protagonist (it's the crazy murder hungry girl). The problem with the John Wayne movie is that if I want a really good John Wayne cowboy movie, there are a bunch of those, and honestly The Searchers was better and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance was better still (my favorite of all of the pre-Leon westerns: you have to forgive so much dress code morality bullshit, and you're being carried entirely on the strength of the lead, like The Shootist) and there's also that godawful sequel where he like settles down and opens a summer camp for Indians or some shit. That was terrible.

haplo
Member Avatar
Forum Elf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
GG: I've never heard of Philomena before. Also, only 3 movies made it into the nominations for best animated.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Energizer's Grotesque Rotisserie of Arts & Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply