Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home Active Topics Last 20 Topics Post Alert!
GoodGamery Forums - Our friend and ally enemy frenemy in these dark times
Discord
Add Reply
Ghroth; Cthulhu War VII
Topic Started: Jun 4 2018, 03:47 PM (3,969 Views)
dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Great Cthulhu"

"Black Goat"

"Crawling Chaos"

"Yellow Sign"

"Opener of the Way"

"Sleeper"

"Windwalker"

"Tcho-Tchos"

"Ancients"

Strategy Thread: http://forums.goodgamery.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7645

Omega Rulebook download: https://petersengames.com/download/cthulhu-wars-rulebook-omega-edition/

Strategy Wiki with text of abilities (be careful, does not have errata): http://cthulhuwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cthulhu_Wars_Strategy_Wikia

(Note: People here have different names from this. I'll fix this as we go!)

Great Cthulhu - Rooser
Yellow Sign - GodnetGodhead
Tcho-Tchos - Iteration
Crawling Chaos - Rylinks
Ancients - Marit Lage
Windwalker - sacred questions
Opener of the Way - Jalor
Black Goat - Jack

We are using the following eight neutral monsters and terrors:

Dhole
Dimensional Shamblers
Ghasts
Great Race of Yith
Gugs
Leng Spiders
Shantaks
Star Vampires

"Neutral Monsters and Terrors"

Quick overview of neutrals: You may purchase one neutral monster card per doom phase, for 2 doom, or one neutral terror card, for 2 doom and 2 power. You may own more than one neutral monster and/or terror card, assuming that on a subsequent doom phase there are any more to purchase. Once you own a neutral monster/terror card, it is yours for the rest of the game (except servitors) even if all the monsters/terror are killed. Purchasing the card gives you one monster/terror for free, except in the case of ghasts where you get all of them, and in the case of servitors where you give the card to an opponent. Subsequent monsters/terrors are summoned just like your own and can be resummoned when killed. Note that servitors are a "bad monster" that you give to an opponent, who is now stuck with them for the rest of the game. Note also that purchasing servitors counts as your purchase for that doom phase and not the purchase of the opponent you give them to.

We are using the following seven neutral GOOs:

Atlach-Nacha
Bokrug
Cthugha
Gla'aki
Gobogeg
Tulzscha
Y'Golonac

"Neutral GOOs"

Quick overview of neutral GOOs: You may Awaken a neutral GOO during action rounds, as an action (not during the doom phase). They all require you to have a GOO on the board already, at one of your own gates (except for Ancients, who need four cathedrals instead). The neutral GOO will appear in that space. They each cost varying amounts of power. The GOO and its card become yours, but only for as long as the GOO lives. If it is killed or eliminated, you lose the card, and anyone else (or you) may Awaken it all over again. You may have any number of neutral GOOs as long as you can pay to Awaken them. Neutral GOOs do not give you elder signs when you ritual, but they are GOOs for other purposes. Each neutral GOO has some number of combat dice, and a helpful ability. They also each have a spellbook requirement. When you meet that requirement, that GOO gets its own spellbook, which generally gives it another useful ability (except Bokrug, who is a "bad GOO" that you stick someone else with). Neutral GOO spellbooks do not count toward your own six spellbooks that you must earn, nor do you need to earn any neutral GOO spellbooks to win the game. If the GOO is killed or eliminated, the spellbook falls off and must be re-earned by the next owner (again, except for Bokrug, who can't be gotten rid of just by getting him killed).

We are also using high priests.

1 High Priest (cultist) cost 3 combat 0
Unspeakable Oath - At the end of any player's action, or during Gather Power or Doom, sacrifice this high priest to gain 2 power.

Quick overview of high priests: Each faction has one high priest unit, except Tcho-Tchos have three. They are cultists for all purposes. However, they cost 3 to summon instead of the 1 that acolytes cost. High priests have an ability where you may sacrifice your high priest to gain 2 power. You may do this at any time -- note that "at any time" means during Gather Power, during the Doom Phase, or after a player does an action in the Action Phase -- NOT in the middle of an action or battle. You may even sack your high priest when you are out, and now you will have another go all over again. (Note that even though Windwalker can sack a high priest for 2 power after Hibernating, Windwalker still can't go anymore this round.)

Ground rules!

1. No whining no crying no spitting
2. Lying is legal, except, not about the rules and stuff
2a. Lying about how bad your own position is is legal
2b. Lying about how great someone else is doing is legal
3. Deals are not binding (see 2.)
4. No PMing the other players, no making plans offline, no strategizing on Facebook

Good luck!
Mods, you can go ahead and close this thread
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jack, it's your turn in Cthulhu Wars

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Black Goat recruits a cultist and goes to 7. That makes it Opener's go.

Iteration
Member Avatar
Forum Elf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
On the character sheets at the bottom, is it in any way indicated how many of each cultist/monster is in their pool vs in play?

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Iteration
Jun 4 2018, 05:45 PM
On the character sheets at the bottom, is it in any way indicated how many of each cultist/monster is in their pool vs in play?
No, only how many the faction has to start with. I could put everybody's pool along with the sheet. That's going to make it take up a lot more memory, though.

Iteration
Member Avatar
Forum Elf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Could you just add a small number to each icon?

Iteration
Member Avatar
Forum Elf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sorry if that's a bunch of work, it's not super important but might help clarity

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Iteration
Jun 4 2018, 05:56 PM
Could you just add a small number to each icon?
You mean, a number showing how many remain? Yeah, that's actually easier for me than having all the models in a pool. Should it be just one number, superimposed over the silhouette?

Iteration
Member Avatar
Forum Elf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Each icon already has numbers in different positions and colors for stock, cost, and power; was imagining another one of those or changing stock to say 2/6X or something

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Iteration
Jun 4 2018, 06:45 PM
Each icon already has numbers in different positions and colors for stock, cost, and power; was imagining another one of those or changing stock to say 2/6X or something
But those are so tiny -- also, they're not a separate layer

So I was thinking I'd superimpose a larger white number over the white number already there -- it would tell you how many remain

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Jalor"

Move my spawn to the North Atlantic. Marit Lage, if you give me the power from the Un-Man you're about to make I will use it to move off your gate.

You go to 3, and that makes it Windwalker's go

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Marit Lage"

I'm fine with that. You'll need to do more if you want something fancy, like a Cathedral."

"Marit Lage"

We only have a deal if you use regular movement to move your monster from my space. Otherwise, I'm summoning two Yothans and using Dematerialization to say hello to your Acolytes.

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Jalor"

Good catch. Don't worry, the gate won't be coming with him."

Iteration
Member Avatar
Forum Elf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So my understanding is opener is the early game bully, who checks other powerful factions from playing greedy and snowballing. When purple summoned a guy at yellow's gate I thought that's what was happening.

But why make a guy there just to move him on to ancients, and why negotiate with ancients to get a power just to move away? It looks like you're headed to me, but in that case why not just start your monster on my gate?

Iteration
Member Avatar
Forum Elf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also it's pretty awkward to have live negotiations happening on three different channels

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah until Arti comes back we can't register anyone

Iteration
Member Avatar
Forum Elf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh lol seriously?

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, something is broken and no one can make a new account. An admin can pre-register people, so that may be a workaround. Is anyone else an admin besides Arti?

Rylinks
Member Avatar
 I've got a tall pointy hat! STATUS, boy!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
mindwarped is
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think I just PMed him. Although, it logged me out when I did, so who knows if that worked

KingRamz
Member Avatar
Posting Automaton
[ *  *  *  * ]
dbuel
Jun 4 2018, 07:51 PM
I think I just PMed him. Although, it logged me out when I did, so who knows if that worked
blood for the PM god

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

That makes it Windwalker's go

Marit Lage
Posting Virus
[ * ]
Ì̢͇͓̙͚͔̤͕̘̪ ̶̧̮̘͈̝͍͚̤͟H̨̡̻̤̗̝̪̝A͉͇͞V̲̘̱͇̀E̲͖̤̟̱̳͔ ̞͓͢͢A̷̡̯̳͔̫͎̦͢R̗̫̪͚͓͉̺̺R҉̳͓͍̹̗͔̤̀I͎̪̰̣͚̻V͏̴̶̞͚E̦̜̼̖͍̗̣̱͜͝D̸̘̤̥͇͍̩̣͙.̪̭̻̻̲̬̀͢͜

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yay

Rylinks
Member Avatar
 I've got a tall pointy hat! STATUS, boy!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
oh the moon forum apparently doesn't increment postcount lollll
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Pretty sure our new player can reach me when ready

Or, just post in the GG thread; I'll see it

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"sacred questions"

I will move a cultist to the South Atlantic.

Very good, you go to 6, and it's Ancients' go.

Iteration
Member Avatar
Forum Elf
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Iteration
Jun 4 2018, 07:39 PM
So my understanding is opener is the early game bully, who checks other powerful factions from playing greedy and snowballing. When purple summoned a guy at yellow's gate I thought that's what was happening.

But why make a guy there just to move him on to ancients, and why negotiate with ancients to get a power just to move away? It looks like you're headed to me, but in that case why not just start your monster on my gate?
Hey opener this isn't rhetorical

dbuel
Member Avatar
Wascal
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Working on getting sacred questions registered here

Marit Lage
Posting Virus
[ * ]
I'll summon an Un-Man, giving Opener one power.

Now it's on you to keep your end of the deal, Jalor.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Moon · Next Topic »
Add Reply