Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
((You are currently viewing the board as a guest; some forums are hidden from view.))

Welcome to Celestial Refresh! We hope you enjoy your visit. This video game-based RP community has been live since 2006 and we are always happy to welcome new players into the fold. Feel free to join us at the bottom of page in our cbox to get a feel for the community and some advice on character options.

Should you choose to register an account with us, you can name your account after the character you will be playing as. If you cannot choose a character yet, you can request a name change for the account later. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free and requires only email validation.

Join our community! Check out our Beginners' Guide!

Posted Image

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Memories of an Experiment; Fourth character slot quest
Topic Started: Apr 7 2009, 04:06 AM (1,670 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Abel, knowing that he was now out of bullets, reached into his vestments in an attempt to find more. A few spilled out as he pulled one from an inner-pocket. The robot once more tore past him, causing him to drop the bullet. Luckily for Abel, or perhaps he was simply more talented than he let on, he managed to position the chamber directly in the bullet's path, and caught it before it could fall to the ground. Snapping the chamber into place as quickly as possible he turned around fiercely and fired the round towards the robot, hoping that this would be the bullet to deactivate it.

[5 Damage Taken]

[Revolver Shot > 5 Piercing Damage > Metal Sonic Prototype X]

Abel

HP:13
EP:0
DP: 0
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh hey, the computer seemed perfectly fine now. Will he touch it once again with the risk of it going berserk again? Or will he go on ahead the lonesome cooridors? If he did choose to touch the computers he had to think twice for there were still expiriments locked in pods.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

[Entrance with permission!]

Tyurru was about as unfamiliar with technology as one could get. In this case, it was almost a blessing, for it never even occurred to her that the place might be the product of anything other than magic. As such, it held some allure for her, in the strange ways it worked, and how all of the 'spells' that made it up seemed to have physical representations.
"This is so cool!" she said, as she strolled down a hallway. Liva-tan seemed less enthused, though the fact that her body consisted of several small globes of water, and lightning seemed to be waiting in the walls might have had something to do with that. "It's not natural!" she said, somewhere between pouting and condescending. "Oh, lighten up." The water mage replied. "The cities of our world weren't natural, but you didn't have a problem with those." Liva-tan was quiet, but swirled unhappily.
They were brought up short by loud sounds, in sequence. Liva-tan and Tyurru looked at each other for a moment. They heard another one, and started running towards it. I haven't seen anyone else here yet, hopefully nothing bad happened...or is happening. she thought as she raced the last stretch of hall, emerging from one of the corridors into a large room with strange obstructions littered around, a smoking pile of metal, and a man who looked like he needed to go outside more.
Liva-tan instantly shot under Tyurru's witch hat, small enough to hide inside it. Tyurru stood there for a moment, unsure of what to make of this.
"...Hi?" she said, hesitant, but smiling. Another person! she thought excitedly. He doesn't look mean either.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

{Abel should post to rp a little before I do. And you two should rp more, and you can motion for me to come back in a little.}

[That's how it worked before so yea...]
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

[Hey guys, sorry; I meant to tag this before taking my weekend off >.<]

Abel forgot almost entirely about the computer after the newcomer entered the room. It was definitely a girl...she seemed young, too; but in Abel's experience, age was nearly impossible to tell from appearance alone. She seemed to be followed by a floating...was that a bubble? Abel was exhausted from the fight, and his vision was blurring, but....that couldn't be anything else other than a bubble, he was certain. He'd seen oddities in his universe, certainly, but...well, this took him by surprise.

After a brief moment of staggering on his feet, he gave the girl a nervous smile as he stretched his hand out, offering to take hers. "Hello there. My name is father Abel Nightroad, it's a pleasure to make you acquaintance."
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tyurru smiled happily, smiling as she placed her hand in his. "Nice to meet you! I'm Tyurru." she said, glancing over at the deactivated robot, a confused look in her eyes. I guess that was what the noise was from...Strange. she thought, before looking back at Abel. "Father" Abel Nightroad? I wonder why... she grinned, hoping to conceal her lack of familiarity with her surroundings or the term behind other questions. And she had plenty.
"I was walking around, and heard some loud noises from over here. I hope you aren't hurt?" she asked. I hope you aren't actually evil. she mentally added, still smiling. Liva-tan was staying hidden under Tyurru's hat, though she was listening carefully. "Is Mr. Nightroad fine?" she asked a second later, clearly unfamiliar with Abel's position, or how to treat such a title when addressing someone. She caught herself a moment later, her grin becoming a little nervous. So much for not letting on. the water mage thought.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Abel's smile was hardly calm either...he was a rather nervous person to begin with, but after his last battle, he couldn't help but be cautious about everything. "I should be alright, just give me a moment to recover, please. That robot really surprised me, I'm still a little shaken..." He continued to attempt casual conversation, despite the odd situation. "Tyurru, was it? 'Abel' is fine, but you may call me Mr. Nightroad if you wish...If I may ask, Miss Tyurru, what on earth is that friend of yours? I've seen some odd things before, but that one's new..."
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tyrru smiled, and reached up, lifting her hat off. Liva-tan pulsed, sort of like every part of her globular, liquid body reflected light at the same time for just a moment, before she shot down to hide behind Tyurru. The water mage laughed. "This is Liva-tan. She's a water sprite...and not really used to other people yet." she said, smiling. She reached behind herself and cupped the sprite, pulling out into the open. "Say hello." Tyurru instructed. Liva-tan was practically pooled, pushing away so much she looked like a random handful of water, until a voice came from it. "Hello Mr. Nightroad." the voice said, a voice surprisingly prudish. She sounded like an old woman who was supposed to teach etiquette to stuck up rich kids.
"See? That wasn't so bad." Tyurru said, but Liva-tan would have none of it, and immediately went back to hiding in the hat. Tyurru laughed. "I'm sorry about her. Anyway, what did you call that thing? A 'robot'?" she said, saying the word a little awkwardly, just mimicking the sounds without knowing the meaning. "What's a 'robot'?" she asked, stepping over to look at the mechanical terror, but keeping a healthy distance.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

The bubble surprised Abel with its voice...he didn't expect it to speak to him. After recovering from the few moments of initial shock, he proceeded to explain the situation. "Well, um...A robot is basically just a machine that looks and acts like a human, or, at least something humanoid...I don't really know what that was, or why it attacked me, but thankfully, it wasn't alive...I could never take another life..." Realizing that he had suddenly become sullen, he quickly perked back up. "Well, Miss Tyurru, what are you doing here?"
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tyurru listened attentively, nodding when he was done. She sort of got it, but machines were a new concept, so she just mentally stashed robots under weird multiverse technology. "Me? Oh, I heard that there was a good view from up here, and I've never left the surface of a planet before. It seemed like a good opportunity. Now I suppose I'm just exploring." she said. She nodded to him. "What about you?" It's good stuff, probably. Not being able to take another life... she thought sheepishly. I've done that in the extreme. she thought, a regretful memory of the war. He's got to be a good person. she thought, her mental image of him improving continuously.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

"I'm...well, you see, I'm...Yes, I'm just up here to look around, as well..." His response was rather dodgy...the question was clearly not something he wanted to answer in its entirety. In reality, he was up here because of his past...this place seemed all too similar to the space colony he grew up on. Abel's past was not something he was proud of; in fact, he still hasn't forgiven himself for it, but he knew he'd have to confront it at some point, and this seemed to be the optimal place to do so. Such thoughts reminded him of his brother, Cain. Abel had business with Cain, business which needed to be attended to...it was nothing good.

Cain...I swear, I will find you...
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tyurru smiled nervously. Woa. Not what I expected. she thought again. "Well..., do you mind if I tag along with you?" she asked. "I've got nothing else to do right now." she said with a laugh. In her hat, Liva-tan was sulking, but Tyurru knew she'd get over it. "Plus I can help if anything else comes up." she said. Just looking at her, it was certainly questionable what she could do to help in a fight, but the multiverse and appearances...
"What do you say?" she said, beaming enthusiastically.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

"Oh, alright, sure! I'm not entirely sure where I'm going...you see, I'm horrible with directions and such...I get lost very easily. I'd be happy to have you along as a partner, though." He beamed back at her, his kind blue eyes shining from behind his large glasses. Pocketing his revolver, he turned to the corridor behind him. "This looks like that only way out, besides they way we entered. Are you ready? I should be fine to move about for a bit now."
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

[Ready for moderator to come back!]

Tyurru smiled. "That's okay! Any way forward is good enough to me." she said, stepping over to the corridor. Hopefully we don't get too lost to quickly. she thought. "Then let's see what's this way!" she said energetically, daydreams about treasure and prisoners to save flashing through her head for a moment. "Heh. This is the first time I've gone exploring with someone other than Liva-tan!" she said, laughing at herself a little, as she started down the hall. This should be interesting.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

{That was surprisingly fast.}

The cooridor was pretty... Old was one way to put it. The light flickered here, and some parts of it didn't even have light. As the duo walked down the path they were lead to a door at the end of the cooridor, but they didn't have to take that. The cooridor wasn't a dead end, but had a sharp turn tot he right with a door at the end. The door was partially opened, because it had a gap at the bottom. This meant the door opened up so they could try and lift it to see if it would budge.

[lift the door or... Turn right?]
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

[Yea, but now Abel's gone for a bit, so back to a reasonable pace.]

Tyurru looked at the door with her head tilted. Water takes the path of least resistance...but who knows what's behind that? she thought, starting to grin. After all, it also wear away what's in it's way. she thought, turning to her companion. "What do you think? See what's behind door number one, or look deeper within the maze?" As she asked she smiled, enjoying the exploration, regardless of result. She looked sideways at the door while she waited for an answer. Hmm. I could try a blast. Or maybe fill the gap with water and freeze it? No...that'd take to long. Liva-tan could just erode it, I suppose. she thought, though the last option seemed too low key. She mentally shrugged. Something'll work.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

[I'll tag this right now, but since we're actually questing again, another one will have to wait till I'm done with everything else.]

Abel knew at this point that the floating colony held many secrets in its dark tunnels. Even though he didn't come here with much of an active purpose in the first place, he recognized the potential dangers of some of the area's....inhabitants. Figuring he might as well eliminate possible human threats, he wanted to know what was behind the door. If it were another robot, he'd want to turn it off before it could hurt anyone else...especially Tyurru, now that she was with him.

"Heheh," he smiled nervously. "Let's try opening this door, if that's okay with you? I really don't wanna get lost again..." He put on a pouting face for extra effect. "Let me see if I can lift it! I'm not really all that strong, but it's already partially opened. It's worth a shot, at least."

Bending over to reach the gap underneath the partially raised door, Abel used the superhuman strength granted to him by the Crusnik nano-machines to attempt to lift the door the rest of the way up. He acted like he was trying harder than he really thought he had to...he didn't want Tyurru to find out about him; to see what he was...
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Wow the door swung upon due to Abel's super strength, and inside was some sort of liquid inside an oval container. It was placed carefully ona stand and the stand was in a marked circle. There was a note above it that read, 'healing center', but it could be a trap. However, that was unlikely since right past it was a room that was marked off by a danger sign.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tyurru wasn't sure what to make of how easily the door opened. It must have been loose already. she decided, before looking into the room. She saw the pool, the door beyond, the sign...and started laughing. She looked at Abel, smiling. "At least it's labeled, right? I mean, otherwise, random people wandering though here might not realize where to get fixed up!" she laughed some more. The idea was just insane to her. The place seemed dangerous to some sort of degree, but now she wasn't sure. "At least you can get rid of any wounds left over from that... 'robot', right?" she asked, stepping into the room.
She held out her hand, and her staff formed, a key-shaped implement the same height as her with her hat, but composed of water and coral. The staff just seemed to flow into being, as if poured from a container Abel couldn't see. Tyurru placed it horizontally in the air, and sat on it. It held. She was looking at the door beyond, and thinking about how to get through, oblivious to how her traveling companion might react to magic. It was second nature to her by now.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Abel had seen magic before...well, not magic per-se, but certainly it wasn't the first thing out of the ordinary to happen to him. He had ceased to pause for such things. He smiled nervously at her question, and responded in a similar manner. "Well, yeah...I hope so." Stepping into the room, he rather hoped that it wasn't a trap. He was a trusting fellow, but had learned to not be stupidly reckless. Walking up to the oval container, he looked it over a few times before turning back to his witch friend. "Umm...this is embarrassing...I'm not sure I know what to do, heehee...."
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Station Square · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates and Cbox
RPG-D

Default Skin made by Sjaelen