Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Cartoon Decades Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Make New Topic
NEW FORUM FEEDBACK
Topic Started: Feb 3 2009, 09:35:39 PM (3,071 Views)
funkykitten
Member Avatar
Queen Admin
Admin
OK guys, I need your help here!

If there are any setting that have changed, or anything you miss from the old layout, or anything you dislike - please let it be known here. It'll take me a wee while to get used to the new tools available, so stick with it!

Many thanks!

:teddyboogie:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Animal
Member Avatar
evil muppet
urm seems linked avs dont work anymore :(

funkykitten
Member Avatar
Queen Admin
Admin
yeh sorry animal, i could never prevent that before so i thought it might be a good idea.... any more objections? can change it back if you want :)

Odie
Member Avatar
The Gaul
I like it.

My only problem is I would like to change my signature but the I can't seem to save it as I seem to only preview it only. How do I save the signature?

Mikey
Member Avatar
Get-along gang
I'm not gonna say too much in the short term...for some reason I can't stand or deal with change very well so gonna have to let it settle...but...very briefly and constructively...it looks a tad less friendly to my eyes initially...my forum instinct has always been less is more...I'm not a huge fan of the info to the right of the forums but I'm guessing that's inbuilt? As ever (and again just trying to make it more friendly and be constructive) could just be the change but things look a bit bigger and makes the number of forums more obvious but could be my imagination. Not exactly linked to layout but I still think subforums should be avoided as much as possible and as few main forums as are necessary too.

It's been a bit quieter of late but I think the majority of our interests and posts fall into music, tv, film but they quickly get hidden and missed when someone posts in another sub forum. It's just my opinion but I really strongly think those things should be main forums and things like science and current affairs could just slide in general and keep things looking a bit more active. As I say not really what you want feedback on but whilst the discussion is out there...just trying to be constructive.

Edit - and our titles linked to posts look default?
Edited by Mikey, Feb 4 2009, 05:34:18 PM.

funkykitten
Member Avatar
Queen Admin
Admin
odie - there's an edit button right under the preview button. if you're still having problems give me a shout!

mikey - thanks for all that, i tend to agree with most of it. there are infinite amounts of things i can edit - layout, appearance etc, so will tinker around and try to make it more friendly. the reason for the changeover was that the invision software was no longer being updated, therefore no change or progression could really ever take place - hopefully with this there will be updates and bug fixes.

Animal
Member Avatar
evil muppet
funkykitten
Feb 4 2009, 02:02:02 PM
yeh sorry animal, i could never prevent that before so i thought it might be a good idea.... any more objections? can change it back if you want :)
well i cant use any of me avatars :(

Animal
Member Avatar
evil muppet
an the last post thing only works sometimes

Animal
Member Avatar
evil muppet
oh an the youtube threads knackered

ToonlistGuy
Member Avatar
80s Cartoon God
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mikey
Feb 4 2009, 05:32:53 PM
I'm not gonna say too much in the short term.....
That's the longest "I'm not going to say much" post I've ever read!

It's a bit weird, with the colours, the bigger font size and everything, but I'm sure it works and that's what counts.

Mikey
Member Avatar
Get-along gang
You've obviously not noticed the length of my longer posts :laugh1:

The Hunter
Member Avatar
The 9th Hunter
I have noticed our titles are one word per line.

ie mine reads like this: -
The
Last
of
the
Hunters

Animal
Member Avatar
evil muppet
thankies hun :kiss:

spaceghost
Member Avatar
i've been 12 forever
Moderators
so, this might take a while to get used to because the colours have changed round which makes me kinda squint. the button i use a lot is the 'active posts' button on the front page but i thought it was gone but it's still there, it just blends into the background too much. maybe centre those buttons and make them bolder? it's such a big change all in one moment. what do you think about changing that blue bkgrnd colour back to (or something similar to) the orange it was before? or even lighten that blue because my eyes aren't diggin it to well...

... i just thought i would say stuff. it doesn't really bother me but, y'know? what ever works for the community :)

Journeyman
Member Avatar
Indestructible Master Of War
only thing im missin is the little assistant tab that was on the old one, active posts spacey mentioned??

but i dont really like it at the moment, so ill just have to lump it til i get used to it

Journeyman
Member Avatar
seeing the layout is a bit more spacious, does this mean av's can be bigger?

Journeyman
Member Avatar
in fact the post sizes seem to have a rather large minimum size in terms of screen area...just an observation

Journeyman
Member Avatar
active topics button up the top next to search and members and the rest, that would be good

funkykitten
Member Avatar
Queen Admin
Admin
if anyone... (spacey?) feels like having a go at designing a theme for this forum, i've found this useful tool:

http://freeforumtools.com/zbgen/

i'll have a play with it this week, see if i can get the colours a bit less harsh.

will look into moving the active topics button to the top......

Mikey
Member Avatar
Get-along gang
I could be wrong and could be my imagination or something to do with so many changes at once or something but the forum is like the old one was when I viewed with AOL...the new posts thing isn't quite playing the game...like it seems to decide I haven't read things that I have.

Doubt there's much can be done and could be something I'm doing but anyone else finding anything similar?

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The website! www.80scartoons.co.uk · Next Topic »
Make New Topic