Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
~ If you really want to excel, do more than what is asked. Ask yourself what you do or specialize in that can boost the Angels of Fire culture. The Jedi Collective observes, and recognizes. ~ ~Looking to improve your saber/force techniques? Want to show the rest of the clan your creative or logical sides? Sign up for a Wings of the Inferno Challenge! Open to all members ranked Hopeful through Jedi Master. ~ ~Something on your mind? Don't be afraid to speak up! Contact a member of The Jedi Council!~
Welcome to Angels Of Fire A New Jedi Order for the Ages. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TOR Guild Portal Down
Topic Started: Jan 1 2013, 01:41 PM (403 Views)
Novus'Olm
Member Avatar
Jedi Master
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As of 1:39pm EST, the AoF Guild Portal, our TOR Website, is not responding to queries.

Research reveals that this is affecting the entire Guild Portal network, and as such there is no ETR.

Check back here for updates.

-Grand Master Anadavri-
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Novus'Olm
Member Avatar
Jedi Master
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
GuildPortal finally put up a maintenance notice. Services should be restored by 6pm EST.

Novus'Olm
Member Avatar
Jedi Master
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Update from the Guild Portal Facebook page:

Facebook

Alrighty, update for ya! A drive on the database server failed. It's being fully restored right now, and we'll be able to bring the site back online as soon as it's completed. Not exactly sure when that will be, but shouldn't be too much longer. Sorry about all this!

Additional details were found as a reply to this comment:

Facebook

Something in the process with our host went wrong, too... Whenever a drive fails, they're supposed to get an alert in their datacenter and automatically move to address it. That didn't happen -- that's why it's taking so long.

-Ana

Novus'Olm
Member Avatar
Jedi Master
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Latest via Facebook:

Facebook

Alright everyone. I insisted that a two week old backup wasn't going to do it, especially after investigating and finding out that backups had failed to run for two weeks and it wasn't triggering any alerts in CBEYOND's central management system. From what I can see now while logged into the database server, the DBA has quit his session and has stopped working on it. That was after he sent a very angry email to me. I'm going to try to get in touch with somebody there to find out if anybody can replace him. I'll keep you up-to-date.

Still no ETR.

Novus'Olm
Member Avatar
Jedi Master
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Guild Portal as a whole has been restored. However, due to a combination of horrible handling by CBEYOND, Guild Portal's DBA, and GP itself, the only restore they were able to do was from 12/16/2012.

As the AoF Guild Portal was created on 12/19/2012, we've lost everything.

I'm not sure if I'm going to re-create the site or seek other options. Will decide when I get home from work.

-Ana

Novus'Olm
Member Avatar
Jedi Master
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've decided to go with a different provider, Guild Launch.

The new website is now up and running, though the customization will not be completed until later in the week.

AoF Guild Launch

« Previous Topic · Server updates · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Primary Maps: Christmas Maps: